IX: My Rendezvous

At the present moment (01/08/17 @ 1:20 PM EST) this story is at #127 in Paranormal and that's insane.

Thank you all 😘
•••

Noah

I wake up the next morning to see that William has already left.

I was getting dressed when I noticed a small piece of parchment sticking from beneath one of the pillows.

'Dearest Noah,

I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, and without a proper good-bye, but I had to if I wanted to make it to the other kingdom by sundown. I will try and send a message to you once I arrive.

~William'

If only the pretentious asshole could sound that nice in person.

Never the less, I fold the note back up neatly and hide it away in a draw, so if a maid were to come by she wouldn't see it.

I walked out of the room to see Roman and Malick talking farther down the hall.

"Slacking off already?" I question.

"At least neither of us are backed up a whole week on work, Noah." Roman speaks first, shaking his head.

"I see your limping. Did you trip in the city yesterday or is it pain from something else?" Malick taunts.

"Fuck you, Malick."

"Seems as though His Majesty already has."

Roman burst out laughing at the exchange, drawing the attention of three maiden that just walked down the same corridor.

"I despise you both." I tell them.

"The feeling's mutual." Roman says.

I huff and walk off towards the servant common room to hear many hushed voices discussing some gossip, as usual. This time however, it pertained to me.

"Who do you think Noah's mate is?"

"It can't be one of the noble ladies, no one has taken a sudden absence."

"I thought it was Maria but then she introduced that other guy, Robin."

"What about Sarah?"

It got silent.

"Sarah is more reserved to herself. There would be no way of knowing for sure if it is."

"Isn't she older than him?"

"A year is barely a difference. It would be a classic case of two opposites."

"Sarah? Really? No, way."

I decided to step into the room then, because any farther and they would have driven themselves mad.

"Do you all not tire of getting in other people's affairs?" I ask.

"Oh come on Noah, you've never seemed to mind it." Rachel says.

"That was before it revolved around me. Can I keep nothing away from you people?"

"Come on, we all know you've been sneaking out of your quarters to go see this mystery damsel. We've all gone to get you and you were no where to be found. At least tell us if she's within the castle!" Lamarck demands.

"I need to go back to the stables to do inventory. You all should know better than trying to get anything out of me. Try Malick or Roman."