Chapter 5 : I'll Take the Bed.

"To the stars who listen, and the dreams that are answered."
- A Court of Mist and Fury, by Sarah J. Maas.

"So?" Edgar crossed his arms over his chest, leaning against a pillar in the training room, looking straight at Adela who was balancing herself over a pole. Both of them had secretly trained together since years. The princes were to be given training for defence, but Princesses weren't allowed to take it, because they didn't really need it. But, of course, no one could stop her if she was determined to do something.

"So?" Adela said, frowning, as she tried not to get distracted while she walked over the narrow pole.

"How did it go? The meeting with the Prince?"

"It was fine." Adela frowned, and sighed as she reached the end of the pole, without falling down, and she jumped down to face Edgar.

"Fine?" He smirked, "I hope you behaved."

"I behaved like a very good, educated and civilised Princess."Adela rolled her eyes.

After they'd gone inside, there had been a great feast waiting for her, with the King of Larcbost smiling the whole time she ate the Dinner. She couldn't help but feel like the King was so much more pleasant than her own father. After the dinner, there had been pleasant goodbyes and she departed from the Palace.

She still felt the Prince's coat on her shoulders, though. She had no idea why he did it, but she shook the memory off anyway.

"Then that's a step up, My Lady." He grinned and Adela cocked her head at him.

"I want you to call me My Lady more often, Edgar." She grinned back, and Edgar bowed down.

Just at the moment, a servant entered the room and bowed.

"Your highness." She said, "The King wishes to see Princess Adela in his room."

Being a Prince seriously sucked.

Prince Sebastian walked through the halls, the guards on his back, as he pinched the bridge of his nose in exhaustion. He was forced to attend a 3 hour long meeting with the Kings of some of the other Kingdoms about the food crisis that were to follow in the Winter.

Sitting there, he had known how bad and deep these food problems would go, and he had realised that both the Kingdoms of Larcbost and Archensheen would be desperate for a stronger alliance.

He couldn't think it through, didn't want to when his brain was literally bursting with all of this. He would just sleep like the dead once he reached his room.

But when he reached his door and opened it, he rubbed his eyes to see clearly. Was he hallucinating now? But no, the sight of the Princess of Archensheen, sitting on the sofa with her legs over the table, a bottle of bourbon loosely held in her hand still remained.

Prince Sebastian quickly closed the door behind him, so that the guards won't see her, and was still thinking it was all in his head before he heard her voice.

"Shouldn't have left it in here, Prince." God. Her voice was so damn slurry, "You are a bad bad Prince."

"What- What are you doing here?" Prince Sebastian looked as she slung her arm over the side of the sofa and rested her head back.