Chapter 5

Come on Amina, open your eyes, you can do this. I managed to crack my eyes open a little, but I immediately shut them against the bright light. Okay, maybe we should try something else first. I tried to lift my arm and I figured that if I concentrated hard enough I could lift them. I managed to get the blood flowing through my arms and was able to lift my hands to yank the tube that was down my throat. I gagged a little when I pulled it out and I let it drop to the floor. Next I went for the tubes in my nose next and then the needle that was in my arm. I tried opening my eyes again, and winced in pain when they tried to adjust to the bright lights in the room.

I took in my surroundings. The walls were a light blue and little frames with pictures decorated the walls. It was almost homey in here. Where am I? And then it hit me hospital. I should be dead I was sure that Alpha Tony had killed me. I looked over my body but the only evidence that I had been injured were the faint, pink lines on my skin. Is this one of his sick jokes? That's what he always did, he would let me think that I was safe and then he would attack. I need to get out of here. Now.

I managed to force myself into an upright position when I felt something tugging on the hospital gown I was wearing. I reached down and ripped them off, hissing in pain when I ripped the sticky side off. The heart monitor next to me started making a loud, continuous beeping sound and after a few seconds the door burst open and people came rushing in. My adrenaline started pumping and I shot off the bed and backed myself in a corner. There was a woman in a white lab coat at the front of the group. She held her hands up and I flinched back, afraid she would hit me. Everyone was talking at once, telling me to calm down. It was too much, I could feel my heart racing and my breathing becoming shallow. I slapped my hands over my ears and I sunk to the ground in a ball. I could feel the tears spilling over and loud sobs escaped me. The yelling continued and I was so afraid of what they would do to me that I didn't notice the man that had walked through the door until he spoke.

"Enough!" He roared.

Everyone, me included immediately went quiet.

"Get out, all of you!"

All of the nurses and doctors quickly left the room and then I was alone with this clearly powerful man. He was a giant of a man. He was well over six feet tall and clearly covered in muscle. His eyes were a piercing blue and his dark hair was pushed back out of his face. But the thing that scared me most about him were his hands, they were massive and one was covered with a tattoo, I knew that one hit from him could easily split my head open. I was so busy staring at his hands that I didn't notice him walking toward me until he was too close for comfort.

I pressed my back further against the wall and let out a whimper. He stopped dead in his tracks and held his hands up in surrender. I took this time to look at him again but this time I took in his scent, it was the most wonderful thing I had ever smelled in my life. I decided to let my eyes wander, they traveled up his giant form, over the well fitted suit he was wearing, past his chiseled jaw and his nose, finally stopping at his eyes. If I were standing at that moment, I would have been knocked off my feet with the overwhelming flow of emotions that hit me at once. A lot of emotions hit me but the one that hit the hardest was the sense of safety that he gave me.

"Hey, hey, hey sweetheart, I need you to calm down, you're safe here I promise you no one will hurt you."

For some reason I felt the need to trust him but I knew better so I just stared at him. He inched toward me, gauging my reaction. He didn't move any further but he did stoop down to my level.

"What's your name sweetheart?"

I didn't see the problem with him knowing my name so I told him.

"A-Amina."

"Amina, that's a beautiful name. I need you to do me a favor Amina, can you do me a favor sweetheart?"

I looked at him cautiously, trying not to show how much him saying my name affected me. He must have noticed the skepticism in my eyes and he tried to reassure me.

"It's nothing bad honey, I just need you to let the doctor look you over, you've been in a coma for almost three months, we need to know if you're okay."

My eyes widened in shock when he told me how long I had been unconscious. Had it really been three months? He looked like he was telling the truth so I nodded my head.

"Okay, good. Can you walk on your own?"

I tried to stand on my own, but my legs gave out under my weight and I hit the floor. He was on me in an instant and I flinched back. He put his hands up in surrender again.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I promise I won't hurt you, I won't ever hurt you Amina. Now, is it okay if I pick you up?"

I looked at him hesitantly.

"All I'm going to do is bring you to the bed, nothing else, I promise."

I nodded and he slowly approached me, slower this time and hooked my legs over his arm and his other wrapped around my back. I almost jumped out of his arms when the sparks shot up my body and his arms tightened around me. I looked up at him in confusion.

"I'll explain that later sweetheart, but first you need to get checked out by the doctor."

He set me gently on the bed and the woman from earlier entered the room, a smile on her face.

"I'll be right back."

He went to leave the room, but I clutched onto his hand and shook my head, telling him that I didn't want him to leave me alone with her, I didn't trust her.

"Amina, it's okay, she won't hurt you."

I kept my grip on his hand and shook my head more forcefully this time.

"Please don't leave."

I didn't know why I was begging this stranger and possible abuser to stay with me, but somehow he made me feel safe. I looked at him with hopeful eyes and I could see his resolve break right then.

"Okay sweetheart, I'll stay."

I gave him a thankful smile. He moved me over so that I was lying down on the bed and he was sitting on the edge, still holding my hand.

"You ready?"

I nodded at him and he nodded at the doctor, telling her it was okay to proceed.

"Okay, I'm just going to do a basic physical it shouldn't take too long."

I nodded and she took about twenty minutes to poke and prod at me before she gave me and the man, whose name I still didn't know, instructions to help me get to a healthy weight.

"Three meals a day, no less, understood."

We both nodded and she bowed and left the room and then we were alone. He looked over at me and gave a small smile.

"I bet you have a lot of questions, don't you?"

I nodded my head and he stood up, pulling me up with him. He started taking his jacket off and my eyes widened. He must have caught my facial expression because he started frantically shaking his head.

"No, no, I'm just giving you my jacket, I'm going to take you back to my house and it's chilly outside."

"Why am I going to your house?"

He just let out a little laugh and wrapped his jacket around my shoulders.

"Because it's your house now too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey y'all the picture above is what I imagined for Amina but if you have someone else in mind keep that. That's all I have to say so as always don't forget to vote,comment, and share until next time
PEACE