Chapter 39: The Date

Chapter 39
The Date

"Remember the time that you made a deal with me; the 99 days deal?" My mate asks me as he leans closer, whispering the words to me.

I'm currently leading him to a park I've seen earlier. I watch him close and notice that his lashes are surprisingly long, and it compliments his gorgeous brown eyes more. I could just take a look in his eyes like a piece of art that I admire most. He could win an award for having a beautiful brown eyes.

Nodding at what he says, I lean in closer. "Well, we need to cut it out," he says, still whispering.

Snickering at his odd behavior, I sling my arm around his neck and push him closer to me, drowning myself in his scent as he wraps his arm around my waist. He smiles at the action and I can't help but think how lucky I am to have my mate. I must have done something precious in my life in order for the Good Goddess to pair Dave up with me. Chuckling, I run the tip of my nose across his temple, shutting my eyes and I hear him breath out, shivering. "Yeah... I already won." I agree, planting a kiss on his temple. Dave rolls his eyes at me playfully, hitting me lightly on my shoulder and I feign hurt.

Shaman people are giving us looks – curious ones, as if this is the first time they have seen two men being affectionate with each other. Some others look jealous and others look amused as they watch us, their eyes boring at the back of our heads as we pass them along.

The park comes into view, which makes my mate hum in approval as he sees how beautiful the place is. This place is being kept well. The bushes and grasses are trimmed well, and the flowers are growing beautifully. There are brown wooden benches placed across the park; a three seater seat. Dave and I walk towards near the pond, where we can see the white fishes, swimming freely and calmly.

As we take a seat on one of the benches near the pond, I push them closer to me and watch the fishes with him. This is what being peaceful is, I think. I have fallen in love deeply and madly in love with Dave that it physically hurts, and the only way to mend it is to be around Dave, to hold Dave, to kiss Dave, to touch Dave. Those are the only remedies.

"Are you ready to be with me forever?" I can't help but ask my mate. He looks at me, eyes boring into mine, brows furrowed. My question must have confused me, so I ask him again, but I get the same reaction. I know that Dave will never leave me as he has already accepted the fact that I'm his mate and we're destined to be with each other, but I just need to hear it for myself, just for confirmation. Just to convince myself that this is not a dream. Perhaps a kiss will do.

Dave remains silent for a while, his eyes holding no emotion and then it brightens up, and I feel the loud tug of my heart, pounding hard against my rib cage as the flow of the air in my lungs stops. He tips his head up, planting a softest kiss on my lips and that's all I needed. I shut my eyes, letting him in control, to take over the kiss, to dominate me once just to convince myself that this is not really a dream, and that's what my mate does. He kisses me like today is going to be our last day, like the world is about to end tomorrow and he needs the kiss that he could get before everything disappears. That's what I want as well.

I want to know every trace and curve of his lips, of his body. By just kissing him, though I cannot see it, it's already buried inside my head. As he pulls away, he rests his forehead against mine, his breath fanning my face. I smile, pecking him on the lips, not really wanting for the kiss to end at all.

"You really are a good kisser," he breathes out, his hands cupping my face.

Smirking widely, I put the tip of my nose against his. "Really?" I ask him huskily. He shivers upon hearing my husky voice. My smirk grows wider than it already is.

Dave purses his lips, wanting to look away but I hold his chin, not wanting him to put set his eyes on anything but me. "Alright, alright," he says dramatically, rolling his eyes at me. He continues, "you're the best kisser I've ever kissed."

"Well, you're the best kisser I've ever kissed, too," I admit, pecking him on the lips twice that makes his blush crimson red. "Always the best." I murmur against his lips.

After our intimate kisses, Dave and I decide to stroll around the park to see the place more. We eat something, a Shaman street food, which kind of gross us out since we're not really used to the taste; it tastes salty, its skin is pink. It doesn't seem like it's cooked at all, so we both decide that eating a Shaman street food is only for Shamans, not werewolves.

Strolling around the park has taken two hours of our time. To say I've had fun is an understatement, it is beyond words. Being with Dave makes everything lighter – the way I breath, the way my heart beats, and my life. When we decide to go back to the castle to fix our stuff, there's this sudden urge to stay here for a while. I know that when we get back on Earth, everything will be back to normal, but this time, I have Dave in my arms. There will be the Beta duties, which I'm not really complaining but I just need to have a lot of time with my mate. I feel like I need to spend all of my time with Dave and not really care about anything, but I'm the Great Beta of the Great Alpha. I have duties. Stepping down is not an option for me.

If I ever tell Cloud about this matter, he'd tell me to step down. It's his way of telling me that he's being a good friend and that he'd sacrifice something that shouldn't be sacrificed at all. I guess I just have to manage my time, which kind of sucks. There will be times that I'll never have a conversation with him due to me being dead tired and exhausted because of my Beta duties and such.

"What are you thinking?" My mate asks me as we get inside my room. I sigh, running a hand across my hair, making it disheveled.

Dave looks at me worriedly. "I just don't want this to end," I admit, taking a seat on the edge of the bed, sighing out loud. Dave takes a seat beside me and puts his hand on my lap, giving it a slight squeeze, which sends something around my groin and I hide a blush, looking away. "I want to spend time with you more, and going back on Earth means returning to my duties."

"Hey, hey," he whispers, making me look at him. Dave gives me a happy smile, resting his head on my shoulder. "It's okay. I understand that you have duties as you are the Great Beta, but you also have to remember that I'm a Guardian, or Peitho is, so we'll both have duties once we get back to Earth. But that doesn't mean that there's something should change between us, right?"

"You're right," I chortle, breathing in relief. My Dave is really understanding and I'm just thankful for it. "I guess I was just scared that...."

He smiles, giving my leg a slight squeeze. "No need to be scared; I'm not going to leave you." He assures me, giving me a chaste kiss on my cheek and I chuckle.

"You really are the best boyfriend in the world, no doubt about that," I say.

I stand up and begin fixing my things, putting them into place. In a matter of time, we will be back on Earth and everything will be back to normal. Dave is not going to leave me anymore and we'll build our future. We will spend our lives together with no regrets and such and I can say that I'm ready for it.

Dave seems to be ready on everything and I just hope it stays that way.

"Come on," I say, offering my hand and he gladly takes it.

With my other hand, I grab my luggage and leave the room. We're both ready to face the future, and I can't wait to mate with him. Perhaps I'll bring up the topic later on when we get to Earth.

I'm ready to build our life together.