chapter 4- Deal?

Mrs. Adams' P.O.V. :

"Ma'am, I got a call from St. Thomas School. They have invited you to their fundraising program. What shall I tell them?" my bodyguard, Landon asked.

"St. Thomas school? Isn't it the same school where Ms. Jones teaches?" I asked him.

"Yes, ma'am," he replied.

"Tell them I'll be there," I ordered.

It's going to be fun! I thought and smiled. 

"Sure, ma'am" with that he left the room.

So 'Mission daughter-in-law' finally starts. 

My dear son, now you have only a few days left to enjoy your bachelorhood. I'm so excited. I smiled at the thought.

"Why are you smiling, honey? Am I naked in your thoughts?", Brookly asked kissing my temple. 

What will I do of him? Here I am thinking about our son's wedding and he is still busy with his cockiness. 

When will he grow up?

"I was thinking about the different ways I can be able to kick your ass, honey," I said, helping him open his coat.

"Don't be rude, honey. Now tell me what were you thinking?" he asked.

"Nothing. By the way, you tell me why were you wanting to see me earlier? Anything important?" I asked hanging his coat in the closet and passing him his night suit.

"Oh yes, I forgot to tell you. Next Friday my high school friend and famous billionaire of London, Marcos Fernandez is coming along with his only daughter, Tiara Fernandez," he said with a hint of excitement in his tone.

"What's so exciting about it then? Is something going on in your head that I am not aware of?" I asked raising my eyebrows. I mean what's so exciting about them visiting us.

"Honey, Marcos is really a good friend of mine. We are planning to turn our friendship into a relationship. We have decided to get our children married to each other. This will not only deepen our relation but will also help to extend our business in London. Don't you think its a great deal?" he asked holding my waist from behind. I turned to face him.

"No, Brookly it's not a great deal at all. Marriage is not a deal. Marriage is the engagement of two souls who love each other not the engagement of two empires. I don't agree with you at all. And moreover, you know that Shane hates the entire concept of getting married. He will never agree to it." I said, angrily. How can he make his son's life a business deal?

"Honey, please don't get mad at me. I am not implying that marriage is a deal. I am just saying that now it's the time when Shane should start thinking about settling down and start a family of his own. And as far as I know our son, he will definitely agree to this proposal." he said, as he sat on the couch.

"How can you be so sure about it?" I questioned, folding my arms. He's really getting on to my nerves now.

"Darling, as you know how our son is. He always thinks about sealing the deals which favors his company. And marrying Tiara would help him extend his business in London with the help of Marcos. He will be able to strengthen his empire. So he will definitely give his consent for this marriage. And no more discussions over it, honey. I am tired. Goodnight!" he pecked my lips and went to bed.

"Yes, Brookly, our son will surely get married soon but not for any business deal. He will marry for love and with the girl he loves." I muttered under my breathe and went to sleep.

♡Don't forget to vote♡