Chapter 26 - I'm Gonna Buy My Happiness

That is, pardon me, was Jess's mom. She's good looking, I guess.
I seriously love her eyes.

The good thing : I made it to the hospital in time. Congrats to me for that.

The bad thing now : I was still in that two piece blue coloured dress cause' we couldn't find a cloth shop nearby. Oh, not to mention the extra time I had to spend on getting inside the hospital, thanks to my ID which's probably resting at home.

This was great. Just great.

By entering the hospital in such bright clothes, I had basically invited the stares, not only from the patients, but from the other doctors too.

I blame Asher for this. If he hadn't dropped the whole kissing news on me without any warning and not to mention in a drunk state, I wouldn't have to spend the night at his house which wouldn't have resulted me to work in these clothes.

Alright, it's my fault too but I hate being held responsible for a problem.

"J-Jess? What's wrong?" Hana asked, leaving me shocked. Since when did Ms. Confident stutter?

"Wrong? Nothing's wrong," I said, signing the record book. "I should be asking that. You, the most confident person I've ever met, stuttered."

"Yeah, well your 'attire' managed to do that. But seriously though, what's up with the hot outfit?" She spoke as she winked. I just rolled my eyes.

"Planning on impressing a certain crush?" She suggested.

And here we go with the matchmaking thing.

"Long story, seriously. Will explain later." I responded.

"Alright then. Wait, where's your coat?" Hana asked as I made my way towards the elevator.

"It's a part of the long story." I yelled as I entered the elevator.

And so my day began.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

"Sha la la la la, sha la la la la." I sang as I twirled a white flower in my hand whilst walking towards a church. Not really loud, but just loud enough for me to hear.

Wondering why, an atheist like me is visiting a church? That's because today's the fifth of December.

My mum died today, five years back.

Since then, I visit the church every year at this cursed day. I can't visit her grave cause' there isn't one. She was the biggest believer of God I've ever met in my life, till now at least.

I remember how I used to always ask her that how is she so sure that God even exists.

"But how?" The fifteen year old me questioned. "I mean have you seen him? Heard him?"

"Ah, dear, it doesn't work like that." She replied whilst cleaning dining table.

"Then how does it work like?" I wailed. People told me change, to believe in God. But how could I, when I don't have any proof that he even exists.