An Old Love (Theon Greyjoy x fem!reader)

(WARNINGS: mentions of torture and slavery.)

"Reek? Isn't my new girl lovely?" Ramsay sneered when he first brought you in. One of his hands held you up by your hair and the other held your face, forcing you to look at Theon. Ramsay knew exactly who you were and what you had once been to Theon. "Lovely, my lord," Theon whispered, trying not to look at Ramsay's new slave. "Now, Reek, you're not even looking."

Theon knew if he didn't obey, there would be consequences. So, he lifted his eyes to look at you and was left speechless. There were very few bright spots in Theon's life now. Not since he betrayed Robb and then ended up as a slave for Ramsay Bolton. One of those bright areas was you. The two of you had been the closest of friends when the Starks were in Winterfell. Theon had loved you back then. Hells, he still did but now, he was just the shadow of the man he once was and perhaps not even that. Now, he was Reek.

"Lovely, my lord," Theon repeated, praying Ramsay let go of your face so he could look away. He couldn't stand to see the look of betrayal in your eyes. Ramsay let you go and you scurried to the furthest corner of the room. "Take her down to the kennels, Reek. You can let her know exactly how things are going to work around here."

Ramsay marched over to the corner and pulled you up. He shoved you toward Theon. Without a word, Theon turned and left the room, praying you would follow him and not incur Ramsay's wrath. Much to his relief, you didn't wish to stay in the same room as the Bolton any longer and you followed slowly after Theon.

Your heart broke as you watched your former lover limping slowly ahead of you. This was definitely not the Theon you knew so long ago. This Theon was a broken shell of a man. As soon as the doors closed behind you and it was just you and Theon, you spoke. "Theon?" The young man didn't stop walking, but glanced over his shoulder and corrected you. "Reek." You shook your head, the tears forming in your eyes. Not another word was exchanged as you let the man who was once your best friend lead you down to the kennels to sleep with Ramsay's blood thirsty hounds.

Seeing you curled up in a corner of the kennel made Theon angry for the first time since Ramsay broke him. You didn't deserve this. You hadn't done anything wrong. Not like he had. Theon believed that he deserved everything he'd gotten after betraying Robb, but you...you were the picture of kindness and generosity. Ramsay had no reason for doing this to you other than the fact that he was a mad dog. In that moment, seeing you cowering in fear, Theon made up his mind that he had to help you escape.

*time skip*

You were gently cleaning Theon's wounds when he finally spoke to you again. Ramsay had gotten angry with you and Theon had taken your beating for you. Ramsay had only agreed because he knew it would hurt you more to see Theon endure more harm. You escorted him to a nearby empty room and began to clean him up.

"We have to get out of here. We must leave Winterfell," he told you, his voice barely above a whisper. "You know we can't. There is no way to leave. Ramsay would hunt us down and kill us. Or worse." Theon suppressed a shudder. He knew very well what Ramsay was capable of. "We must. I cannot sit by and allow him to keep hurting you."

You paused your actions and stared at him for a moment. You pressed a kiss to his temple, not caring that you were both covered in blood and dirt. "I still love you too, Theon. How do you plan on leaving?" For the first time in so very long, Theon actually cracked a small smile. For the next few weeks, you planned your escape, but it wouldn't happen the way you hoped.

Your escape came in the form of Stannis Baratheon. His army marched on Winterfell and, in the chaos, you, Theon and Sansa Stark jumped from the battlements onto the snowy cliff below. The battle would buy you precious little time, but the three of you ran as quickly as you could, determined to get to the Wall. Your hand never left Theon's as you ran. You were afraid that, if you let him go, you would lose him again, this time forever.

Yousoon found yourself on a ship sailing for the Iron Islands. The two of you hadcleaned up and Theon looked more like the man you loved again instead of Reek.You stepped up beside him and laced your fingers together. You gave him asmile. It didn't matter what happened now. You were no longer prisoners. Youhad escaped, reignited an old love and were on your way to Theon's home.Nothing was going to stop you now.\8