Chapter 16

It felt so good to have her in his arms. He felt, strangely, content than he had ever felt in years. His heart was beating wildly as he held her in his embrace for a few minutes but then he felt her tense up and pull away slowly.

"It's getting late." Jules spoke, finally breaking the growing silence between them "I should probably get Ivy..."

"Jules..." was all he could get out of his mouth at that moment. He cleared his throat "...we have to talk."

Still avoiding his gaze, Jules walked away from him.
"I have nothing to say to you."

Ceaser held her wrist and pulled her back into his arms before she could get any further.
"Well, I do. So, I talk, you listen."

Jules placed her hands on his chest which made his body ache for more of her touch. Sadly, she pushed him away making him release her from his arms. Not because she was stronger than him but because he knew she didn't want to be in his arms at that moment.

Jules folded her arms and looked away from him. Not that she was even looking at him in the first place.
"Talk." Jules said

Ceaser sighed
"I didn't tell you who I was because I didn't want you to know.

Jules snorted softly at his response which made Ceaser smile a little, happy that he at least got a reaction out of her.

"When I met you, you didn't know I was the Ceaser Thompson. It was surprising...but refreshingly different. I've learnt to adapt to fame for as long as I can remember. But when I realized you didn't know who I was, I felt...this joy knowing that there was someone who I didn't have to be who I really wasn't." He said to her knowing it wasn't totally the truth "I didn't have to be the Thompson billionaire everyone knew. With you, I could be...me. More of myself than what the media makes me out to be."

Jules looked at him then and he was frozen. He was caught in her eyes. It hurt to even look into her eyes knowing that he was lying to her.

It wasn't all a lie. Just part of it.
Ceaser thought to himself.
Keep telling yourself that.

"So, you took matters into your hands and lied to my face," Jules said and Ceaser saw the hurt flash in her eyes. "How do expect me to believe anything you say now when everything's been a lie?" She asked him.

"Not everything was a lie," Ceaser said

"Really?" She asked "I thought I was dating someone who had a simple job, who was honest and kind. But it turns out that I was actually dating my boss whom everyone says is ruthless." She paused "So, tell me, how isn't it all a lie?"

Ceaser remained quiet.

"You know when I first met you, the night you gave me a ride, I thought you were charming and kind even though I silently prayed you didn't kidnap me. But in the short while we've known each other, I confirmed it. Now, I'm not so sure."

Ceaser felt his chest tighten at what she had said.

"You seem to know more about me than I know about you and I'm going to take a wild guess and say everything you know about me didn't come from me telling you." Jules said hitting a jackpot without actually knowing it "Office information." She supplied. "It would have been only fair if you had told me the truth from the beginning. You took the choice away from me."

What the heck was wrong with him? He was just meant to get her to like him, get custody of his daughter and leave her.
A small voice reminded him.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you." was all Ceaser said.

Jules studied his face before she looked away from him again while she nodded.
"Well, it looks like you still can't tell me the whole truth," she said and walked past him again