Good Idea?

Zion's POV

It was Saturday and I was getting ready to go out with Walter. I was in Naomi's room putting on the finishing touches. I looked in the mirror one last time before I decided I was decent enough. I wasn't trying to impress nobody. Besides Walter sees me all the time in my business attire. Jeans and a t-shirt would have to do.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" She looked over at me while she put on her earrings. She was going out with AJ tonight, he bought her tickets to some Broadway play.

"Honestly I don't know. But we shall see. Plus it is a free meal." In fact I know it's a terrible idea. But I wanted to let myself know that it isn't all about KB. He tried to make himself so important in my life and I don't do that.

"Yeah but what abou-" I cut her off.

"Don't say his name." Honestly I haven't been able to get KB off my mind. He has be texting me and calling me. But I usually ignore it or hit him back with one or two word answers. I'm not being petty. I just don't want to address my feeling just yet.

"Okaaaay... I won't say his name. But you know this isn't right. And change those slides. You know that's not cute." I rolled my eyes and went to put on heels in my room then came back.

"It's not like we are together." She shook her head and headed for her door walking out.

"Yea, but you know how he feels about you. And you know you like him too, no matter how much you deny it. You would be pissed if you heard he was going on a date with Jamillah." My head snapped up as we walked into the living room.

"Who the fuck is Jamillah?" Had he moved on already? No, he just texted me an hour ago.

"See." She replied.

"No I don't see. Who the fuck is Jamillah?"

"Don't worry about her. She is an office assistant that has a thing for him. But he doesn't give her the time of day because of you. You should give him the same respect."

"Oh, well nobody asked him to do that." Ni dead panned me.

"Zion, you know this is a bad idea. I don't understand why you think going on a date with one of your bosses is a way to solve this problem. When you are in a relationship with someone you talk it through with them." She stared at me through her mirror.

"We aren't together though Naomi. Yeah I liked him but he was moving too fast." She rolled her eyes at me.

"Too fast? He just wanted to hang out with you. You are the one who put up the walls and blocked him out the moment you felt yourself falling for him. You do this every time. and KB is to perfect for you, for me to just sit around this time." I scoffed in response.

"There are no walls up. I let him in. I just got super busy and I had no time for him."

"Is that what you are going to say when you have kids? I couldn't pick them up today because I had no time."

"Of course not. I don't know why you are making such a big deal out of this. He is just a guy. There are plenty more where he came from."

"You don't mean that. I know you don't you would be so sad if he moved on. The only reason you are acting like this is because you know that when you are ready he will be there. And because you are afraid he is going to leave you. I think you should give him a chance before you make assumptions."

"I am not afraid that he is going to leave me." That is a lie I totally was anxious about him leaving for tour or something. Ever since I was a little girl I had fears of people leaving me even for short periods of time. I was always afraid that they would leave and they would never come back. My phone buzzed saying that Walter was outside. I quickly got off the couch and kissed her cheek. "Bye Ni, have fun on your date tonight. I'll call you." She waved me off.

"Don't call me tonight. Me and AJ gotta make up for lost time from Thursday." She smirked at me.

"Y'all nasty." I yelled at her as I walked out the door.

Short update!! How are you guys doing?!

Comments, Suggestions, and Constructive Criticism, are always welcome. I want to become a better writer for you guys enjoyment and for myself.

Until next time 😘😘😘