Chapter 6

Previously:

"Thank you so much, Jared. That means the world to me." I say kissing his cheek.

"No problem baby." he said pulling me into one last hug.

We pull apart, leaving me cold. He kisses my forehead before leaving the house, us exchanging goodbyes.

*Four Days Later*

"Alright Savannah it's time to get up!" I hear Lana yell to me from her room across the hall.

I pretend I didn't hear her and roll over to the other side of my bed, making my back face the door.

"Savannah!" Lana yelled again.

"Just five more minutes!" I sleepily yell back.

"No! You'll be late for school!"

I groan loud enough so that she could hear and throw the covers off of myself, immediately shivering at the sudden loss of heat. I grab my phone from off my night stand and see that it's 7:20 in the morning.

Why can't school start at one in the afternoon?

Before getting out of bed, I put on my glasses so I don't trip over something.  I get out of my bed and make my way over to my dresser, grabbing a Fifth Harmony shirt and black skinny jeans. I slowly walk over to the bathroom and look at my reflection. Maybe I should leave my hair its natural, curly mess instead of trying to straighten it.

I get changed and put on some bracelets and a hair tie. I then heard my phone buzz, which told me that I got a Snapchat. I look down at my phone and see it was a snap from Jared. It was a selfie of him smiling and the caption: I hope you have a great day at school beautiful❤

I blush and throw on Jared's sweatshirt that was on my bathroom counter. I send him a mirror selfie and caption it: I will now that I have your sweatshirt💕

I lock my phone, sticking it in my pocket and walking out of the room. When I enter my room, I walk over to my desk and grab my book bag from off the back of the chair. I swing it over my shoulder and grab my ear buds, quickly plugging them into my phone.

I put one ear bud in my ear and open up Spotify, putting my playlist on shuffle. Stronger by Kanye West comes on, and I let out a little laugh. I slide my phone into my back pocket, grab my flute, and walk out of my room.

I make my way down the hall and the scent of waffles filled the air. I walk down the stairs and join Lana and Sean at the table. I sit down and set my backpack on the ground, grabbing a plate soon after.

"So you know the situation with your bus this afternoon?" Lana asks.

"Actually, Bryce gives me rides home after school as well." I say grabbing a waffle.

"Okay cool." Lana says.

After I finish eating my waffle, I hear a car honk.

"That's Bryce. I'll see you guys later!" I say getting up and giving both Lana and Sean kisses.

"Bye!" they both say in unison.

I walk out the door with That's My Girl by Fifth Harmony playing through the light blue ear buds in my ears. I hop into the front seat of Bryce's car, just like usual.

"Hey girl!" he says.

"Hey!" I reply closing the car door.

"So you gonna survive without your boy toy today?" he asks backing out of the driveway.