MMIH 2: Preview 2

The silence that was in the air was awkward. I could tell she didn't want to talk and anytime I looked toward her, she immediately would turn her head away.

When I couldn't handle anymore silence, I reached out and turned on the radio. Flicking through the channels, I stopped when I reached 'Spin' which was the music station.

I sighed when a song I like had just finished. That always seemed to happen. I kept my eyes focused on the road, listening to the new song play before widening my eyes now.

I knew this song.

'I will never forget you' or something.

What a time to play this song... What if Evie got triggered by this or something.

I reached out and changed channel all to quickly then cleared my throat and sat back in my seat with a sigh.

"That wasn't obvious at all" Her voice was soft.

"Hm?"

"Just because I have memory loss doesn't mean I'm not stupid. I forget about my life, not words and everything else" She sighed, "You thought that song would affect me"

"If you say do" I said through ground teeth.

Evie, sure she had changed me to a 'nicer' guy in a sense, it didn't mean I was fully nice. I wanted to tell her to shut her up or call her idiot like old times but I was aware it would scare her.

Even though she was trying to act tough, her voice would quiver now and again, giving her tough act up. As we pulled up to my house, I noticed from the corner of my eyes, her head snap toward me.

"Is this your house?! Why are we here? No! No , I want to go somewhere public" Her whole attitude changed and I only saw fear in her eyes. She reached for my handle and I quickly locked it, knowing she would run off.

That only scared her more.

"How much do you remember?"

"L-let me out!" Her voice shook.

"Evie-"

"MY NAME IS EVANGELINE!! NOT EVIE!" She shouted. She was terrified and I felt like a monster just watching her. It wasn't fair. I was close enough to a stranger to her and she was locked in my car.

"Calm down. Now" I didn't know how to be nice about this. Although it was my fault, I was becoming aggravated, "If I was dangerous, the others wouldn't be my 'friend'" I tried to reason with her.

Tears were at the edge of her eyes.

"You remember some of your past, don't you?"

That's why she was terrified.

"I-I don't know. I had a dream... a man attacked me... he-"

"It's okay" I nodded my head, "He's gone"

"Gone?"

"You can trust me" I mumbled. I couldn't say that I would protect her. Last time I said that, I was the one that destroyed her. I was the reaper here and I didn't think she was aware of that.

"In the hospital, you wanted to see me again. I know you did... Why wouldn't you let me?"

"It was a spur of the moment. I don't know what made me say it, I don't actually want to see you" She admitted, dropping her eyes.

I nodded my head, "Let's go in"

I decided to ignore her saying that she didn't want to see me anymore.