The last visit

Our elderly neighbour fell sick and had to go to hospital. Her niece asked us to take care of her dog while she was away. So after school work and dinner and all, me and my brother were sent over to make sure he was doing ok.
So it was late at night, in this weird old lady's house, my brother was in the shed with the dog and I was in the living room looking at the creepy old photos on the mantelpiece.
What follows is true: I heard the door creak and then a woman's voice called out the dog's name.

I freaked out, turned around, obviously there was nobody about. I thought maybe it was the neighbour's niece, but it had that weird "Did I hear that outside my head or inside it?" echo to it (you know what I mean?) so I also thought I was just letting the creepy house get to me.
But then I went out to my brother and Knocky and he was freaking out too because he thought he'd heard a woman's voice inside the shed with him saying "Oh there you are".
We both agreed the voice had that weird in-your-head sound to it and were convinced there were ghosts in the place. Left the dog in the shed, went home, and were greeted by Dad who told us the neighbour's niece had just called to say the neighbour'd passed away in the hospital a few hours ago.