| XXXII |

The wind whipped Ashelin's hair as she slid down the cord from the helicopter. A rush of exhilaration flew through her as her boots hit the sand and she took off into the trees.

Pagan had coordinated with Hoyt and under cover of darkness had dropped her at the far end of the pirate's island before heading to the big boss' compound.

She stood in the middle of the jungle, feeling at home for the first time in her life.

She checked to make sure her holsters were intact, two guns on her hips and one under her left arm. There was a knife in her boot, just in case.

She pulled off the black sweater she'd donned to make her descent, revealing a red cropped tank top that showed off Vaas' ink on her lower back.

Ashelin tapped the screen of the phone Pagan had given her and checked her bearings. She secured it in the side pocket of her pants and took off through the trees, reveling in the feeling of her legs pumping.

Before long there were drunken hollers, and she slowed down, creeping closer to the pirate village. She stayed low, surveying the firelight. There was a huge bonfire with pirates milling about everywhere.

Her blood boiled at the sight of Brock lounging on a chair on Vaas's porch. He had two scared looking women on either side of him in chains, and Archon stood just behind him, arms crossed.

She counted thirty seven pirates hanging about, and took a deep breath. She hoped they missed Vaas as much as she did.

Ashelin cocked her gun and stepped out into the firelight. She grinned before putting a bullet in each of Brock's kneecaps.