Chapter 25 - Beaten

CARSON POV

In the past five hours I've fully decided that heartbreak is not just a saying or feeling it's truly something that happens. My chest feels like someone is literally ripping it apart. My eyes sting at the thought of my mate, tears once again threaten to flow. Quickly standing up from the table in the meeting room, I walked to the window to stare out at the snow that is once again falling. All the voices in the room blended together, nothing mattered, though I knew I should be paying attention, they were after all talking about rescuing my mate.

"Carson" my head whipped around to everyone staring at me, no more noise, nothing, my dad looked at me expectantly. "Carson, son have you been listening at all?" Suddenly I felt like the alphas kid again and no longer the powerful alpha. "Uhm, yeah, it's just.." My voice broke I felt the tears once again burn my eyes. Roughly I ran my hands through my hair and looked down at my feet. A solid hand gripped my shoulder pulling me out of the black hole that has threatened to pull me in since my mate was taken. My eyes looked up and landed on my fathers.

The room was now empty, the large round table and chairs were also empty, Keith sat in a chair aginst aginst the wall, Mike sat on the table looking at me with sympathy etched in his features. My dad gripped my shoulder tighter, "son I know it's hard, but you have got to be strong for her, your mate needs you, your pack needs you to lead them to find her, get it together." I knew he was right but that didn't stop the alpha wolf in me from growling at the fact he thought I was slacking on leading my pack.

I bit my lip and only nodded turning my back to him and staring back out the window, I heard the door shut behind me. I stood there for what felt like minutes before another hand gripped my shoulder, it was Mike my best friend since we were little and my beta. I didn't need to turn around to know, I could smell him. "There is something I need to tell you, I have been peicing it together since Harmony came here but it finally came in full force yesterday when she was taken."

His words caught my attention and drug me out of my thoughts, "Mike what are you talking about?" The thought that he knew something about my mate that I didn't made my wolf on edge. "I ugh, I kinda knew Harmony before she moved here, long time ago before my parents died. My dad was her dad's beta before, well before everything happened." Mikes voice echoed in my head, I wanted to be jealous that he knew my mate but what stunned me more was my mate was alpha bloodline, I knew some history of Mikes parents, they were betas of another pack before the alpha broke from the pack to take care of his family.

He took in my silence and started talking again, "when I was young, I was sworn in as Harmonys protector." Mixed emotions flooded through me but I didn't have time to think about it before a voice echoed in my head, 'Alpha, we picked up the trail, it goes into the Black Moon territory, do you want us to follow?' It was Josh one of my territory guards and one of the best trackers in my pack. 'Wait for me, I'll be right there'. I sent back to him, before my eyes landed on Mike I knew he had heard to the whole pack did, "we will have this conversation later, right now i have to find her."

With a nod from Mike we were out the door and shifting, running through the snow in search for my mate and the one he was swore to protect.

HARMONY POV

Voices surrounded me, but nothing was coming through it was like I was hearing it all under water. Coldness surrounded me and made an involuntary shiver run though my body. I tried to open my eyes but couldn't, I was stuck in cold blackness with only muffled noises reaching me. Blackness crept up on me again, I welcomed it, feeling nothing was better then the ache and coldness that engulfed me. A whisper grabbed my attention, 'Harmony...wake up.....wake up.' I tried to focus on the voice, something about it screamed to focus and listen. 'We are in danger, wake up, fight it.'