thirty five

"You ready to leave?" Riddle yelled to me from the living room of the hotel room. I yanked the zipper of my suitcase.

"Yeah, finally." I said. I picked up the handles and pulled my suitcases out of my room and to where Harry and Riddle both stood.

"Leave them here." Riddle said. "Someone will bring them down to our car."

I nodded. "Let's go then."

I tightened my scarf as I walked to the door. All three of us had bundled up in our coats and boots. I glanced back once before the door slammed and my heart sank. I didn't want to leave.

We were almost without issues in New York City. Life in London was so far away, and we didn't have to deal with business. I wasn't thrilled to be stepping back into that.

When we reached the lobby, Riddle darted off to the front desk. The girl from the beginning of our trip was working, so I told Harry to give them privacy. The two of us left the hotel instead and made our way to the car.

The wind burnt the tip of my nose and I buried it in my scarf. The driver held the door open for us as we slid inside. As we waited, I stared at Central Park through the window.

"What's wrong?" Harry said.

"I suppose I'm sad to leave." I said. "I've grown quite fond of this city."

"You get upset when we leave places."

I smiled. "Maybe it's because I've got someone I'm with that make the times in these places worth missing."

"Yeah, Riddle's quite alright, isn't he?" Harry said.

I laughed. I turned to Harry to find him already staring at me. He grabbed my waist and slid me closer to him. I grinned and leaned my forehead against his.

He hummed. "You scare the hell out of me, Tilly."

My smile slowly faded. "I know. I'm scared too."

The door opened and Riddle whistled.

"Christ, you two. I'm going to have to sit in between you to keep you apart."

Harry groaned and slid over, keeping his grip on my waist. I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"How was your girlfriend, Riddle?" I said, after the car had pulled off.

He cleared his throat. "What girlfriend?"

I laughed. "Don't act like Harry and I don't know that you snuck off every night around eleven."

"Well," he said. "I know you and Harry sleep in the same bed each night."

My cheeks felt hot and Harry laughed.

"Common knowledge, mate." Harry said. "We're not sneaking around. Can't sleep without her in the bed."

"Fucking whatever." Riddle said.

"So are you going to tell us what it was about?" Harry said.

"Nope." Riddle said. He had his arms crossed and his head turned away from us.

I looked up at Harry and laughed. Harry just grinned.

We arrived at the plane shortly after. The driver took our bags to the plane. I stood with Harry on the tarmac, staring at the skyline of the city.