Chapter One.

Originally published April 21, 2017. Edited December 23, 2023. 

The original chapter has official been removed. 

Presented here is the new chapter. 

Please enjoy.

--

Blue slowly opened her eyes before stretching in her bed. She turned to her left and realized her alarm clock had 5:30 am plastered on the screen. She groaned before she leaned up and rolled out of bed. She walked down the ladder before turning on the kitchen light. She opened the cabinet to her left and pulled out a single-serve cup of Coca-Puffs before she walked over to the fridge, opened the single-serve, and then poured milk into the bowl. She closed the fridge door, grabbed a spoon, and decided to sit on her island to munch on her cereal. After she ate and tossed her trash, she walked into the bathroom and decided to shower. After her shower, she brushed her teeth and got dressed. She decided to climb back up the ladder to her bedroom.

She lived alone. With the war between Nekos and humans, her family knew she would be safer if she was alone and able to blend in with society. She was taught at a young age how to hide her cat's side and how to be "human." Recently there have been news reports about humans hunting Nekos for fun and for profit. She knew she was no longer safe in the city, so six months ago she moved to the rural area just outside of the city. She lived off the grid and understood ways to get into town for items she would need.

As she sat on her bed, she heard multiple car doors slam outside, which caused her to jump. She leaned over and moved her curtain to witness multiple men, who were in all-black swat uniforms, circle a gentleman who was in a suit. Blue realized quickly what this meant, and she quickly made her bed and slipped herself under it. She was smart when it came to building her bedroom. She built four fake drawers that went under her bed frame, but you pull out one of the drawers, and it is a hiding spot. The other three drawers do not move.

Blue heard the front door open due to the hinges that needed to be replaced. She heard multiple men whisper to one another as they checked the kitchen, bathroom, living room, and eventually the bedroom. She could hear them move furniture around trying to find her. She moved her hand to cover her mouth, so her breathing was quieter.

"Sir, she is not here."

"She was seen arriving home yesterday at ten pm and has not left since. She is here. Find her."

"Yes sir."

She heard movement within the bedroom. Her dresser and desk were being moved. Her mattress was being moved and was slammed back down. She tried her hardest to control her emotions and breathing. She knew if she made a mistake, they would find her. If they could hear her breath, they would find her. If she moved her body, they would find her.

She heard one of the men tell the others to clear out and they did. She heard the front door slam shut. She did not know if it was safe to remove herself from under her bed, so she counted to one hundred in her head. Once she reached one hundred, she moved her body, slowly removed the drawer, and slipped out of her hiding spot. She sighed to herself while she wiped her eyes. She turned to her right and made eye contact with the gentleman in the suit. He sat in her desk chair, legs crossed with his arms crossed over his chest. His face held no emotion. His eyes were narrow and taunting.

"Ahh, so that is where you were hiding. I swore I told those idiots to check under the bed." He stood up and panned his head down to meet Blues eyes. She could not hide the terror in her eyes. She was beyond terrified. Her head began to spin, and her vision started to become foggy.

"Pl...Please don't hurt me," she said almost in a whisper. He laughed at her before he held out his hand for her.

"Take my hand and I promise to protect you."

She looked at the hand that was out for her. It seemed rough and worn out. He appeared to be a hard worker but kept himself proper and clean. She was five foot three, and he appeared to be at least a foot taller than her. She understood the dilemma she was in. Trust the man or try to run. She would have to climb down and try to run out the front door. There were at least ten men out front. She knew there was little to no chance she was going to escape. The only option was to grab the hand. She moved her hand from her side to his. She felt the roughness of his skin. Once her hand was on his, he placed his other hand on top and smirked.

"Climb down the ladder and wait for me." She listened. She walked down the ladder and waited. He followed and placed his hands on her shoulders which caused her to jump. The front door was opened for them, and he led her to his car. Before he opened the car door, he was handed a pair of cuffs.

"Put your hands behind your back little one."

"I am not little! I am seventeen!" She spit back. He chuckled before he leaned down.

"You talk back one more time, and I will fill that mouth with something thick where you cannot speak." He murmured into her ear. She felt his hot breath against her ear and neck. She turned her head away and moved her hands to her back. She felt the cuffs clip and soon was pulled back by the cuffs so the back door could open. She tried her hardest not to show fear. She knew if she cried or showed weakness, she could be killed or beaten. She sighed while she was placed in the car. The door closed before the man who was speaking to her sat next to her. He leaned over and buckled her in, he told the driver to go to the cabin. She watched the car pull out of the driveway, and her house slowly disappeared in the distance knowing she would never return. She sighed before she lowered her head in defeat. He turned his attention to the woman next to him and chuckled.

"Your new life will be much better than your old one. Don't worry little one."

They arrived at the cabin, and she was pulled out of the car. She stood up and investigated the situation at hand. She saw multiple cars, a large cabin, and multiple men holding large guns. No one seemed happy. No one was smiling, laughing, or being joyful. She was pushed to be told to start walking. She walked up the stairs and into the cabin. The gentleman took charge and made Blue go up to the second story and walk to the end of the left hall. He turned her around, so she was facing him while he punched a code into the knob. She heard a beep and the door opened. He turned her around and allowed her to walk into the room.

There was a bed, desk, dresser, and a bathroom with no door. The window was boarded up to stop people from escaping. She looked around and then up at the man. He was focused on removing the cuffs. Once her hands were free, she moved them to her front and rubbed each wrist. He stayed by the door leaning on the frame watching the Neko in front of him.

"I must go handle business. I will be back later to explain what is happening. Do not cause problems little one." He said before he slammed the door behind him. She heard the door lock. She groaned loudly before she broke down.