Chapter 66

THAT WAS ME WHEN I OPENED WATTPAD AND SAW I HAD 47K READS AHAHA OMG

THANK YOU.

---

"Look maybe its not what it seems." Ashley gets another spoonful of mint chocolate chip ice cream and shoves it in her mouth.

"Ash." I stop and look down. "Its 5:00 ok it's been hours. If he wasn't going to leave don't you think he would have called?" I sigh, "He's going to take the deal. And then he's going to leave to Australia. And I won't see him for.." I stop and just look down at my melted cookie dough ice cream.

"What do I do?" I question. I need help, advice, anything. I feel as though I'm stuck in the same place, and no matter how much I run I can never escape. To think that I was going to go to dinner with him tonight. Just this morning everything seemed so simple compared to the situation at hand.

"Sweetie." She stops and looks at me, "I'm only going to tell you one thing." I look up and she continues.

"If you love something set it free."

I roll my eyes

"-and if it comes back it's meant to be"

"Ash this isn't some childhood fairytale. This is reality." I frown and pinch my nose. "This is real life. There is no ''meant to be' or destiny. It's just.." I stop and eat. "It's just torture."

"How about we change the subject?" She looks at my eyes and frowns. "Lizzy my wedding is next week and you have bags under your eyes." I frown at her.

"Well I haven't gotten much sleep lately sorry." She rolls her eyes this time and i grin. "That's why we use concealer ok? Relax. I'll make sure to look decent at your wedding."

"You better. I'm going to be showing my grandkids these photos."

Oh boy.

I picture her dress in my mind. She looked stunning when she tried it on two weeks ago. She'll definitely be a beautiful bride. I'm sure jack will cry.

That'll be a sight to see.

--

I wait patiently as I watch the seconds tick down on my tv screen. 10 more and the next episode of 'the office' will play. I grab my cookie and begin to eat it silently.

I need to get a pet.

Just then the front door opens. My blood runs cold and I quickly turn off the tv. Who the fuck is in my house?

I hear the footsteps creak on my wooden floors downstairs. My heart beats in my chest and I rush to get my home phone. I dial Ashley and she picks up the first ring.

"Hey what's-"

"Ash where are you?" I whisper. I tiptoe to the door and lock it.

"Home.. why? What's wrong?"