Chapter Six

After lunch, which I ended up getting chicken, since it was was the fifth cheapest thing and Silas didn't seem to notice, or he did and just ignored it. It was actually really good, but I felt back that I couldn't finish all of it, even though Silas assured me many times that it was okay.

"Thank you again, for lunch." I tell him as we walk down the sidewalk. He only grabs onto my hand and swings it between us. I look around and shrink down from the gazes some of the women are giving me. Silas seems to know what is bothering me because he speaks without even looking around.

"You don't have to worry about other people. If anyone wants to say anything, they can say it to me, and I'll beat them up, unless it's a girl, then she is a slut for trying to take another guys man. But the point is, they can stare all they want, but that doesn't mean I am going to stare back. And if anyone tried to threaten or hurt you, just tell me." I nod in agreement before straightening my back and gripping Silas' hand a little bit tighter. He squeezes mine before continuing to swing them.

I look behind me at Kota playing with Gabriel and Zain. After this morning, Kota really seems to be trying. He must have got something out of my speech, well, more like me yelling at him. But what I said was true, he hasn't been a good brother lately, and I think he is finally realizing that.

Kota looks up when he realizes I am looking back at them. He smiles softly at me before going back to swinging the two boys back and forth.

I turn back around and snuggle deeper into Silas' side without even thinking. My body seems to know what it wants to do before I even think about it. I never would have willingly shown my affection to Silas around people, let alone in public. I'm glad that my wolf can take over when needed to do things for our mate that I would be afraid to do.

"You're so beautiful." Silas says as he pets the side of my cheek with his hand. I go to swipe at him with my free hand, but he just catches my hand before pecking it. He let's it go and goes back to swinging our arms as if we didn't just have a moment in front of the public eye. If my adopted parents could see me now, the would call me an attention whore and a slut, among other words that really dig deep.

The thought of my parents finding out about me and Silas scares me, it freezes me to the core. What if they don't approve of Silas? What if the do approve of him, but they won't let us mate, but offer him to a different female of the pack.

"Where are we going now?" I ask in hopes that I can get my demonic parents out of my mind.

"I was thinking the park down the street. Gabriel and Zain could play, and Kota, you and I can get to know each other better, or he can play with your brothers if he wants. I just thought he would have some more questions." Silas shrugged his bulky shoulders before looking down at me. I saw the insecurity in his eyes and scrambled to let him know he was brilliantly right, that Kota would want to get to know him better.

"That's a good idea. I think Kota would really appreciate that." I tell him. He smiles brightly as me before crossing the street, of course checking both side, like eight times, and led us the rest of the distance to the park. Gabriel and Zain instantly ran to the slides and swings set up while the three of us squished onto a small bench.

"So, Kota, I was wondering if you had anymore questions? I wouldn't be mad if you did." Silas said as he leaned forwards to be able to look Kota in the eye. Kota tilted his head back and rolled his eyes around. I smirked at his thinking face before shaking my head. That is a good way to get a head ache, and to look like and idiot.

"Where are you from? I don't think I have seen you around here before." Kota finally asked after two minutes of his 'thinking face'. Silas nodded his head at the question, proving it was a valuable question.

"I'm from Ohio, that's where my pack is." He simply answered before looking at Kota again.

"What your ranking in the pack?" Kota bluntly asked as he narrowed his eyes at Silas. I gasped before turning to Kota.

"Kota, you can ask that kind of stuff!" I cried in anguish. It is almost taboo to anguished someone what their ranking in a pack is. It is almost like asking a women how old she is, or a person how much money they make a year.

"No, it's fine Sorenson. I'm the alpha, of The Black Moon Blood Pack." He answered. It took me a few moment to register what he said. Alpha, black moon blood.

Holy, snizzle, my mate is the alpha of the strongest pack in the world.