chapter 7- Stuck in the traffic

Lara's P.O.V. :

"Everyone, get changed into your costumes and report to me in the rehearsal room in 10 minutes, okay." I informed all the students and walked out of the room to see if all the props were arranged as per my instructions.

After 10 minutes of inspections, I was satisfied. I headed towards the rehearsal room where all the students were waiting for me.

"Guys, today the performance has to be perfect. Just give your best and leave the rest. Now everyone, let's rehearse for the last time. Get to your positions." I told them as I moved back to see the final rehearsal.

Everyone nodded their head and took their positions.

The rehearsal went well. I was amazed to see my work. I really did a good job at training my students. I self patted my shoulder.

Their eyes dazzled with excitement.  

I hope everyone likes it. The students have practiced really hard. I hope it doesn't get ruined. Fingers crossed!

I went to see Cara if she was ready in her costume or not. I wanted to take some photos with her and Jonah in their costumes. I was satisfied with my dress today. It was a simple yellow color one piece which reached up to my lower thighs with black pumps. I wore my usual butterfly accessories which I was gifted by my mother when I was a little girl. I have always worn them.

My mom gifted the dress on my 19th birthday and I am not shocked that it still fits me perfectly as I haven't grown much after my 20th birthday. Since then I am 5'6" and almost of the same size and shape.

I entered the dressing room where the kids from PG were getting dressed. The junior teachers were helping them get dressed. Some were busy with doing the performers' makeup while the others were busy doing their hair. As I entered the room, a small boy maybe around the same age as Cara came to me and pulled my dress to grab my attention. I noticed him and tilted down to ask him if he needed any help.

"What do you want young man?" I asked, calling him gentleman as he was wearing a black suit and pant with a pink bow tie. Talking about his bowtie, he was struggling to fix it.

"This miss," the boy said pointing his finger towards his bowtie. I helped him fix it.

"Here you go, young man!" I said as I fixed his bowtie. I was standing up when he pulled my dress again. I tilted again to him. As soon as I tilted down he kissed on my cheek and ran away with his tiny legs, giggling. That was really cute.

I started searching for Cara and Jonah when I spotted Angie. She was doing Cara's makeup. And Jonah was sitting beside Cara on the bench desk staring at Cara. 

I went towards them. And to say that Cara and Jonah looked adorable would be an understatement. They looked so so cute. I don't have any words in my dictionary to describe their cuteness right now.

The blue Cinderella dress looked so cute on her. She looked very pretty. Angie kept her makeup light which enhanced her innocent face. Jonah also looked so handsome in his black tux. His lips seemed pinker and his blue bow tie was matching Cara's Cinderella dress.

They looked perfect together.

I envy them. I also want someone as cute and as adorable as Jonah. But I think my Prince charming is stuck in the traffic and maybe that's why he hasn't reached to me yet. I laughed at my own silly thoughts.

I walked towards them. As soon as Angie noticed me, she greeted with a smile. I did the same.

"I heard that Mr. Brit lee would be awarding the best employees today. I am so excited." Angie said as we parted from the hug.

"Yes, I heard that too. May the best ones get awarded." I said. She smiled and nodded her head in agreement. 

I then went to Cara and Jonah.

"Hey, Princess. You look amazing. I love you! And you too, Prince Jonah." I said hugging them both. I wanted to hug them tightly but it would have ruined their hair and makeup which I didn't want.

"Thank you, mommy," Cara said, kissing my cheeks. Jonah just smiled.

"Let's click some photos." I took out my phone from my sling bag.

I clicked their couple photos and then I joined them in the photos. We took some selfies. We took selfies kissing each others' cheeks. In one selfie, Cara was kissing on my left cheek whereas Jonah was kissing my right cheek. 

As we were taking selfies, Ash jumped from behind and joined in our selfies. Soon after Angie joined us too. We had so much fun during the selfie session.

Then the host of the program commenced the program. Ash went to sit among the audience with her parents. I went to the backstage along with Angie and the kids.

The program started with Mr. Brit lee's welcome speech. Believe me, it was like a lullaby. He thanked everyone for accepting the invitation and showing up. He then welcomed the chief guest sitting in the first row and thanked her for accepting the invitation.

I moved my eyes in the direction where he was looking at. I saw Mrs. Adams sitting on the green colored sofa, elegantly. Paul whom I remembered from the last time, one of her two bodyguards was sitting beside her on the audience chair. On her left was Josh and on the right side was a pretty lady who seemed to be pregnant. Even in pregnancy, she looked stunning. By the resemblance of their face, I assumed that the pretty lady was Mrs. Adams' daughter; Cameron. She's Josh's mother I guess.

After his speech was over, the host came up on the stage and announced, " 'Romeo Juliet' is the first performance. So I would like all the performers to get ready."

After that, I went to the students and helped them enter the stage which was now covered by the long curtain so that the audience couldn't see the props being arranged.

#Lara's look:

♡Don't forget to vote♡