Part 50 (b)

Ruthless Obsession
...................................

"Dr.Peterson...!! What happened ...??!!.
.
.
Is everything okay vth Nivaan...??!!"
........Raghu asked.., vth a shivering voice..., seeing the puzzled yet confused expressions of the doctor.., who just checked Nivaan's heart beat and his pulse rate..

"Dr.Ahuja said to me that the patient is in critical condition..., bt his breathing is normal and so his pulse rate...!!
.
.
I dnt think there is any such issue to worry to abt...!!
.
.
(He then took out a syringe and  filled it vth some  yellow coloured fluid till its half length.., and injected it around Nivaan's  right arm...)
.
.
He will wake up in couple of hours...!!
N he would be very weak then...
.
.
Give him some healthy fluids...!!"
...........said the doctor and then wrapped his kit and was all set to leave the room..

But.., all this while...,Raghunandhan seemed equally shocked  and couldn't believe what he had just heard...

"Dr.Peterson...!!
R u sure abt him..??!!
..... i mean is he alright...??!!
.
.
Is  there any need to admit him in the hospital ...??!!"
.......he blocked the doctor's way and shooted  questions on him vthout giving any pause..

Peterson  was taken aback by his suddwn reaction by still maintained his composure and said...,

"Ofcource Mr. Raghunandhan...!! He is just fine...!!
.
.
N if believed..., what Dr.Ahuja had said to me abt the patient's condition...,then i must say it's nt less than any miracle...!!
.
.
Bt i dnt think such miracles takes place in just a span of an hour or so...!"
.........He smiled and checked his watch as they had just reached the bungalow after an hour travel...

"I think you have to drop me back to the hospital again..!!"
.........said Dr.Peterson and smiled for once..

Raghunandhan came back to his senses.., after knowing that Nivaan is fine and a broad smile appeared on his face..

"Ohh... Of course  Doctor...!!  It's my pleasure...!!
.
.
N thanku soo much....!!"
..........he held the doctor's hands and tears rolled in his eyes as he was happy hearing such good news..., and then he dropped him to the hospital.., asking the watchman to look after Nivaan...

.....................

Time 6.30 Am

Vth the warm sunrays that were diagonally falling on the mirror inside the room.., made the whole room reflected by the  golden glow of the sun rays...

Nivaan's eyes.., slowly made their way to look at the beautiful sight inside his room and his blurred view becme clear vth every passing second.
He is  finally seeing the next sunrise unaware of that one person.., who is the reason behind his miraculous recovery..

Nivaan felt weak at that point to that high extent that he couldn't even move any part of his body...

He tried to raise his left hand to  remove the oxygen mask that is covered to his face bt he failed to even lift his finger..

At the same point..., he felt very light...!!
He could feel his heart and mind lyk a feather which is free from all the burdens...!!
.
.
He felt peaceful at that moment...!!

After lying there for couple of minutes..., he tried hard for one last to get up from the bed using his last bits of strength and yes...!
.
.
It worked this tym...!!

.................

There was ntng going on in his mind at that moment...!!
He was totally free from all thoughts...!!

Nivaan.., then kept his feet on the floor and felt goosebu all over his body feeling the chilling cold floor below his warm feet.., and then vth the support of the wall over there.., he walked towards the full size french windows of his room  and  moved the curtains in one go..!!

That's when the warm sun rays hit him on his face and then he leaned by the support of the windows to stare at that peaceful mrng view for some time..., trying to figure out what had happend to him...

But before he could restart his brain all over again..., a sudden gentle voice from behind made him focus on the present situation again..

" Nivaan...!!  Thank god u r awake this early...!!"
......Prataap  stood near the door vth glowing face  and  vth slow steps vth the help of his metal stick..., he came towards Nivaan and stood just a 2steps distance from him..

Vth pale skin..., messy hair..., his unbuttoned shirt., revealing his toned chest...,
His dark blue almond shaped eyes..., vth tiny wrinkles under them due to his weak state..,
Nivaan seemed different...

His different faded features..., still deserved a special mention  bcoz of his peaceful  expressions...

He is changed...!!  He is no more that Nivaan who would always be on the edge to show his ruthlessness...!!

....................

"Prataap...!!  U dnt have to worry abt Nivaan anymore...!!
.
.
He is fine...!! N there is nothing to worry abt his health from now on...!!"
........said Raghu.., who just entered the room vth a food trolley  which has 2 types of fruid salads and a glass full of  protein shake..!!

Prataap then turned around to look at Raghu and they both smiled looking at each other seing Nivaan...,  in such  state...!!

But..., Nivaan was no where present in between them...
He just stared bkankly towards the sky.., feeling the warm tickling sun rays on his body  and remembered all the incidents that had happened the night before and he could even remember abt the dreadful accident that had shattered a family...

.
.
.
But he couldn't remember abt that one person..., who had brought tbis change in him vth her magical words...!!
.
.
.
He felt that he had lost all his rights on lathika..., after what he had did to her lyf..
.
.
Nivaan gulped for once and closed his eyes as he didn't had any courage left in him.., to look.into her eyes..., after knowing abt the past that had connected them in such cruel way...

.................

Bt Raghunandhan..., guessed his state of mind vth just one look on him..
He wanted to talk to Nivaan abt his regret..., and make him believe that it was an unintentional crime that he had committed in the past...

" Prataap...!! I dnt knw..., where you kept the thermometer last nite...!!
Can u pls look for it...!!?
.
.
We just have to check  Nivaan's temparature  again..!!"
.......said Raghu..., in order to make him leave the room for sometime in search of the thermometer.., which was kept in Prataap's room..

Prataap.., quickly responded and left the room, leaving them alone..
..............................

" Nivaan...!! I know what you are thinking about right now...!!"
.......raghu went towards him and stood beside him seeing the  view  outside..

"I...I....don't deserve her...!!!
.
.
After...what... i had....
...( he closed his fist for once and said...)
.
.
After... what i had did to her... ..... ...
......I just...can't look into her eyes...!!"
...........said Nivaan and  blankly  shifted his gaze towards the entrance gate of the bungalow that was visible from there....

" Are u sure Nivaan...???!!"
.......Raghu asked looking into his eyes  and placed his hand on Nivaan's shoulder..

" YES....!!!
.
.
I'm nt going to see her again...!!
.
.
I just..... can't.......!!!"

..........Nivaan closed the curtains all of a sudden making the room  a little darker and leaned over the wall there..

.....................

Next part precap :

"I'm sorry uncle..!! I just can't accept any more favours from you...!!
.
.
You have did enough for me...!!
.
.
N i just can't make Nivaan feel the pain again.., bcz of our past...!!"
..........lathika thought to herself and placed a letter beside the couch..., and left her room packing all her stuff...

.....................

Comment ur views :)