Chapter 14: In A Moment Of Distress Cover It Up With Your Girly Mess

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch14: In A Moment Of Distress Cover It Up With Your Girly Mess.

"Grandma Sally was nice," I tell him as I chug down a cup coffee.

I'm running really late today and apparently so is Pipper because he hasn't arrived yet.

"She's always been a really sweet lady," Vincent nods. "With her really bright extravagant colors."

"Yeah," I answer.

So Josh's family dinner was a almost an entire week ago. This is the first time me and Vincent have talked since excluding casual project conversations.

"Elliana," Vincent stands up making his way towards me. "Who died?"

What?

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused.

"When you yelled at me for driving when I was drunk," he speaks. "You talked about everything in such detail and with such emotion that it had to have been a memory...so who died?"

Oh god, he knows.

He knows about Lilo.

"No one," I reply trying my best to fight back tears. "I was just mad and that scenario was the first one to pop into my head. That's all."

"She died didn't she," he talks and it's as if I can hear the sadness in his voice. "I'm sorry."

I don't want your pity Vincent.

"Don't feel sorry for me," I wipe a tear that managed to fall down my cheek "and please don't tell anyone. I don't want anyone to look or talk to me the way you are right now. "

"Bair," a voice yells from outside the kitchen.

"I have to go," I grab my backpack, keys, and cellphone before walking out the kitchen.

"There you are," Pipper smiles before he looks at my face. "What's wrong? You look like you're about to cry."

"I'm fine," I say noticing that Josh and Alex are sitting on the couch looking at us.

"Okay," he nods wrapping his arm around my shoulder and I smile at him.

He understands.

***

"He knows?" Pipper asks and I nod as we walk inside the support group building.

"Yeah," I answer. "He figured it out."

"Pipper. . .Elliana," Victor smiles. "How nice of you to join us all late?"

"Sorry," we both mumble as I take my usual seat next to Mick.

"We were sharing," Victor says looking at Mick. "Mickey was just telling us about how he realized he had a problem."

"Well," Mick talks nervously "I decided to join because I obviously have a problem. One day I drank way too much and decided to drive. As I was driving I almost ran someone over, a little boy of the age of four. He was crossing the street to get his ball and I almost took him. The look of fear in the little kid's eyes made my entire body go cold and I can still remember clearly how the tears ran down his face. If I had hit him I think I wouldn't be able to live with myself. That moment made me realize I needed help and I signed up for this support group on my own. "

"Thank you for sharing," Victor says and we all repeat it.

"No problem," Mick answers looking down at his hands and I can tell that telling the story has affected him.