Chapter 42: The Wave Is In Sight

Chapter 42:

The Wave Is In Sight

We were seated in Class on a normal day. Zero and Yuuki looking very uncomfortable—at least this time they weren’t sleeping in class. They were just as worried as me and Asuna were and it felt as if time was running as slow as it possibly could.

   I glanced at the clock above Sir’s desk more times than I can count. I didn’t know how they’d announce that the Dark Wave was nearing and how would they go about without the day class students not knowing at all? This was terrifying. I didn’t want to be here right now.

   “Miss Yamazaki, what did you get for question 42?” Sir asked.

   “Huh?” I responded paying more attention to the clock above his bald head.

   He frowned at me, “Question 42?” He repeated.

   I glanced down and swallowed hard, I had only done up to question 4. Nice work Yuna. “Um… Europe?” I answered.

   He just stared at me, “No, we’re doing surds Miss Yamazaki.” That’s when my brain snapped and realized we were in Maths class.

   Everyone in the classroom began laughing and banging their arms on the table hysterically. Some began to pat me on the back and I took a swing at them.

   “Whoa calm done Yuna!” one said trying to calm his laughter.

   “Don’t touch me!” I winced at him and his face turned blank. He sat back in his chair and looked slightly worried at me.

   I turned and shrugged him off.

   “Yuna… Yuna…?” I heard whispers from across the room.

   I glanced around and saw Yuuki trying to get my attention and Zero giving me the largest dirty look. He annoys me all the time.

   Are you OK? She mouthed and I shook my head sadly. My stomach felt as if it had just burnt up and turned to ash and my brain is as if it’s going to explode as the throbbing from my head was getting worse.

   She raised an eyebrow and glanced at Zero with an upset look. He just shrugged.

The class felt as if it was going for hours and I was shaking through most of it. My mind was spinning and my insides felt heavy and sick. I thought I was gonna throw up.

   After a few minutes of shaking and feeling sick the bell rang for the students to move onto their next classes. I gasped and looked at the clock; WE STILL HAD TEN MINUTES LEFT! I stood up and glanced at Yuuki, grabbing Asuna’s arm and pointing to the clock. We all just stared at the clock in an unbelievable state—and that’s when the bell rang again, and again, and again. One after the other the bell continuously rang. All the students stopped and stood around the class wondering what it meant. I knew exactly what it meant though.

   “It’s an evacuation!” I said glancing at Sir. He nodded.

   “Yes, everyone get into two lines and we’ll head downstairs away from the trouble.” He said as everyone formed into two lines.

We made it downstairs when Yuuki and Zero pulled both me and Asuna away from the crowd. We ran over to the bushes and I turned to Yuuki with curiosity.

   “Where do they go in this situation?” I asked.

   “An underground basement thing. Sort of like a dungeon. I’m advised to find Kaname though and take his orders.” She replied.