Hero Term Arc - The Tests Begin!

Welcome to the second Arc - That's right, this story has arcs - Of The Superpowers AU! If you're in this far, then honestly, thank you SO much for staying with this. I'm loving writing this cause I get so much free liberty to write whatever I wanna write. Its awesome! so thank ya'll so much for being here! An arc in this story will usually be a minimum of five chapters, and the maximum is... Undecided. So, you guys can use that to help figure out whats gonna be what, so - I hope you enjoy!

The air in the CFD School was tense, at least, it was for those who were within the Hero Course. Today was the day that everything they'd learned until this point would be put into motion, and everything that they knew how to do would be pushed to the absolute limit.

The Hero Course at the CFD was well known for being one of, if not the most brutally difficult ones in the country, second only to Oxford Hero Academy in the entire continent, making it one of the top academic courses for producing new, intelligent, and powerful Heroes. In order to keep up this impressive statistic, the final first years exam was naturally difficult. Being an easy test to pass defeated the entire point of the first year.

The CFD worked by weeding out the ones they knew had little to no potential for being a Hero during orientation. Those who had particularly weak Traits, the wrong attitude towards Heroics, or a variety of other reasons, were dropped. Sometimes, students who showed exceptional Heroism but had terribly weak Traits were permitted in, or those who had amazing, brutal powers were rejected due to arrogance. This was only a small portion of the numerous numbers of factors that were taken into account.

But this was only stage one of the screening.

Stage two involved seeing if any students were unable to handle the pressure that being a Hero took. To simulate this, the work load was high, and the difficulty was advanced. Some students were simply unable to meet deadlines, or fell to pieces under the weight of expectation. The students who were unable to do either always dropped out.

And finally, came stage three - The first year final exams. The students whom showed the most promise in the entire year were all given a standardized test, and a physical one. The results would indicate whom it was that would remain on the course. Little tricks, ideas for testing the students were thrown in, not that they were told.

At least in theory, anyway.

After that, all the hurdles had been jumped. Then began their real training. The CFD was tough to get into, but once you were in, and you passed the first year exams, they spared no expense, no time, and made no excuses when it came to training you. You had earned your place, proven your worth, and proven that you were serious, and capable, of being a Hero. And the CFD did everything in its power to prepare you for that. It was this philosophy that had led so many students to becoming great Heroes.

But this wasn't unknown to the students who were preparing for the tests right now. They had marched through those trials and tribulations, and come out on top. In a way, stages one and two were the easiest steps to get through. All you had to do was keep perseverance high and distractions low, and you could easily pass both of them with ease.

The issue was always the final exam. It was where dreams went to die.

"Okay, Adrien, relax..." The blond model told himself over and over again, taking in sharp inhales and exhales, trying to find a point in this routine he was going through at which he felt this was working. Nerves were a very common symptom of the exams, knowing the reputation that they held. While Adrien was confident in his abilities, in his Traits, he was fully aware confidence wouldn't carry him through this. He needed to be on his tip-top game today, or everything he'd worked so hard for would fall apart around him.