12| Kurt Wagner - True Self

"Can you do one of a Kurt Wagner (Nightcrawler) x reader, in which the reader adores Kurt and his hopefulness and smiles etc, but the reader's mutant ability is to control energy that even allows her to change her form to look like a normal human girl, but is actually looks kinda like an alien , like how Gwen tennison's alien from Ben10 looks like, and the reader believes no one would like her true self , even Kurt. But Kurt understands and loves her regardless and thinks she is still beautiful, and then all the cheesy cliche romance ending we all love"

---

Dragging your feet to the classroom, you could feel sweat dripping down your back because of the stress. You hated those training session. You were already mastering your power; you did not need to train anymore. Still the teachers insisted. And there you were, stepping into the classroom to meet the others ten lucky students who would train today with Mystique. They were all excited and chattering about it.

Reluctantly, you walked to a chair in a corner and sat behind a table. Your fingers subconsciously drumming on the hard wood, you started to wonder if someone would notice if you were to skip class.

"Hello (Y/N)." A voice with a thick German accent said next to you. "I'm happy to see you."

Turning your head quickly toward the sound, you felt your heart stop in your chest when you saw Kurt sit next to you, a huge grin on his face.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly when he noticed the shock and terror on your face.

You cleared your throat and looked away. "Fine, I just realized I'm not in the good classroom."

You were about to get up and take your bag when Mystique entered the classroom. Swearing silently, you slumped right back into your chair. Kurt was still staring at you, trying to understand why you were behaving like that. You felt yourself blush.

Why was this happening to you? Were you this unlucky? The only boy you ever had a crush on and he happened to be in the only lesson where you would scare him off.

And what if Kurt thought you did not like him? After your reaction, he would have the right to. He had said he was happy to see you and you tried to run away from him.

You felt anger rose. Anger against yourself for behaving like that and anger against your mutation that only brought stress and fear into your life. Staring into space, your fists balled-up, you did not hear Mystique asking everyone to follow her into the garden.

"(Y/N), you're not coming?" Kurt asked you shyly, his amber eyes quickly gazing at your fists before meeting your blue ones.

"Yes, I'm coming, sorry." You mumbled, avoiding his gaze.

You got up and followed him outside. Subconsciously, you started to bite your nails. In a few minutes, Kurt would see you as you really are and you could not handle to see him reject you. Maybe you could still skip class. But as you walked beside him, you could feel his gaze fall on you every time you would look away. If you were to leave now, he would not let you go without asking questions.

And did you really want to go. You enjoyed his company, even if it was only for a minute. Even if you were not talking. You could not believe how much you liked him. You had been friends for a couple of weeks only but there you were, desperately infatuated with him.

There were so many things you loved about him: his happiness, his kindness, the way he smiled. He was different too, kind of like you. Every time you would look at him, you would fall for another of his feature: his pointed ears, his fangs, his tail, his blue skin ... Sometimes, you even feel the urge to run your hand through his hair or trace the lines of his scars on his cheeks with your fingers. And as you witness him laugh and have fun, you can feel your feelings for him get stronger because you know anyone like him would have been bitter and lonely but he was not. He was cheerful, hopeful, and friendly and oh god did you needed someone like him in your life.