I'll Do This For You.

AN: This chapter carried an heavy sense of foreboding in my opinion.

Enjoy.

#Rosha.

Thanks for reading.

#MusicMovesMe

The 60th chapter.
Shout out to BlueFood101 the 60th follower.

××

Though it seemed impossible, Shadow appeared in front of Robin the moment Deathstroke's sword came down, preventing the mercenary from reacting in time to redirect his attack.

××
Shadow

Relief.

That is what I felt when I stared into Deathstroke's widening eye as he staggered back, his gaze falling to the needle impaling his chest.

"You—" As he fell to the floor, he pulled his sword out of me.

I almost didn't notice the stabbing, burning pain in my chest. And I couldn't bring myself to pay attention to the fact that to breathe was excruciating.

I could only feel Robin's arm around my waist, stopping me from collapsing when my legs went soft as blood gushed out of my new wound. I watched the red pool beneath our feet grow in diameter before forcing a hand against my torso to apply pressure and give my bio suit time to patch me up.

'Shadow, you—' Robin's voice was filled with panic as I turned to him, my heart twisting uncomfortably, making breathing even harder.

His face was riddled with scratches and his expression contained a trace of worry and a hint of fear.

'I'm fine,' I said softly, despite myself, swallowing down the blood that coated my tongue.

He pulled me closer to his chest as I trembled slightly, a chill running up my spine as I set my gaze on the assassins surrounded us.

'We have to get out of here.' he said, his arm tightening around me in a protective hug as he threw down smoke bombs to buy us time.

I leaned into him for a moment closing my eyes, and let him embrace me, knowing that he was prepared to fight his way out while carrying me.

This is was worth it. I had decided.

Pulling gently on his sleeve, I asked him to put me down.

'I will only be a burden.' I told him quietly and seeing him about to argue, continued, 'If you take me, none of you will get back safe.'

Steadying myself on my feet while trying not to wince at the pain, I turned to the spot Slade had fallen to. The mercenary was no longer present but the golden needle was on the floor, still stained with his blood.

My eyes finally settled back on Robin and I took in his resolute expression. A smile found it's way to my lips despite the situation and I found my hand brushing away the blood on his cheek.

'You don't know how glad I am to know that you care about me so much.' I told him.

He looked at me, his expression solemn, and grabbed the hand on his cheek.

'Don't,' Robin said bitterly, 'Don't say it like it'll be the last time you see me again. You'll come out alive, both of us will.'

Did he forget about his team? I almost laughed at his words but this was no time to joke. I needed to make a path for him to leave.