16. run

Run (verb): move at a speed faster than a walk, never having both or all the feet on the ground at the same time.

Luna

The dropship smelt like death.

All around me, people were keeled over, on the floor covered in their own blood. I had never seen the virus hit people as hard as it has. I was starting to think that maybe, from years of being in space, their immune systems couldn't handle the virus.

Two people had already died.

Suddenly Two meatheads came through the door, carrying another boy. He lifted his head and my breath caught in my throat.

It was Bellamy.

"Bell?" Octavia breathed.

She rushed across the room, toward him, her hands brushing his forehead.

"Clear some space! Lay him down!" She ordered. They lay him down on a make-shift mattress, inches from where I sat. Blood bubbled up in his mouth and Octavia pushed him onto his side so that he face me, the blood spilling from his mouth, clearing his airway.

"It's okay." She soothed, washing the blood from his mouth with a cloth.

"Hey big brother." She breathed as he rolled onto his back and locked eyes with her.

"I'm scared." He choked out.

"I won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise." She said softly.

"That's what I said to you the day you were born." Bellamy panted.

"I know, you told me that like a thousand times." She grinned.

"I'm glad you're here." He said, grabbing her hand.

"Just get some rest now, okay?" She brushed his messy hair away from his eyes before getting up and going outside

His eyes flickered to mine and he blew a breath of hair through his lips.

"Hey." He said huskily.

"Hey." I whispered back.

He smiled at me and I returned it, but it didn't quite reach my eyes. I didn't want to admit it,

But I was scared too.

I didn't want to care but I did.

~~~

Hours passed, me in and out of sleep, Bellamy occasionally vomiting blood. He tried to sit up and Murphy crossed the room was a cup of water in his hands.

"Here." He crouched down infront of Bellamy and held out the water.

"Get the hell away from me." Bellamy pushed the water away.

"Bellamy, you're sick okay? I'm just trying to help." Murphy said. It almost sounded sincere, if you didn't know him.

"When I get better, if you're still here..." Bellamy trailed off.

"I got this one." Clarke had come up behind Murphy. He stretched up to his full height and passed her the water. She sat down beside Bellamy.

"Here." She gave him the water, which he took.

"Are you feeling better?" Bellamy asked.

"Yeah." She gave him a half-smile.

"That's good." Bellamy replied, his voice void of his usual sarcasm.

"Have you seen Octavia?" He asked.

"She was up all night helping people. Murphy gave her a break." Clarke answered.