forty-two

a girl's best friend

Chase stares at the pages in the journal. Then he stares back at the window, where the boy had jumped out of. When he did that, Chase found himself running towards the window, only to find him gone.

At first, he thought he had lost it. Then he immediately jumped to the conclusion his mom might have a secret weed addiction, because she had made brownies earlier, and he ate one. However, instead of going out of Cher's room, and trying to find someone to talk about what he may have just seen, he just grabbed Cher's journal and walked to her bed, and started reading it.

Well, if anything, whoever said that a diary/journal was a girl's best friend, wasn't wrong. Cher wrote everything in the book in his hands. Everything from what she ate that day, to what she wore. To find out that Cher had countless of other journals in her room, wasn't a surprise.

Honestly, it was hard trying to find anything worth it, since she wrote so much into one entry. Until Chase managed to find the entries from last summer. She talked less and less about things she ate and wore, and more about fairy tales, like Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy etc. Chase also found that she wrote a lot on Jack Frost. The boy who just broke into her room.

Honestly, if he hadn't seen Jack Frost, or whoever he was, and didn't see him disappear before his eyes, he would've thought that Cher would be a really good writer. But now, Chase didn't know what to think.

"What the hell are you doing?" someone snaps, angrily, making Chase's head snap towards the door.