IV.

Look in the mirror.... that's your competition     

Chapter 4

I let out a frustrating huff, my part of the introduction is coming up. I have it prepared in my head, but I doubt my wordings will come out the same.

"That is it, I want to thank you all for listening" Derek ends his speech, with a professional gesture.

I get up, knowing it's my turn to go. It's just an introduction right, nothing more than that. With a smile plastered on my face, I walk up in front of the meeting room. "Hello everyone, it's an honour to be here. My name is Seraphina Reed. I am an intern here, hopefully starting my position soon. Art is my passion and my dream, my motto is that everything is possible, even chasing after something that may be impossible, you just need to believe. I am grateful to be here, and hope to share you my amazing work with the amazing artist that you all are" I say, with a gratitude. I relax as everyone starts to clap, my eyes scan the room of dozens of people. Okay maybe not dozens but many people,

I can see my friends waving for me too come back, and them all cheering. With a little smile and a nod, I go back towards my group. "you did amazing!" Regina cheers, making me blush.

"Thank you, thank you!" I laugh, taking a seat with them all. Well, now I feel relaxed and at ease. I eye the yummy refreshments that are scattered on the red velvet table. My stomach grumbles from the sight of the delicious pastries and sweets, that are decorated on the plate. Looking around something beautiful catches my attention,

Wow, he is hot. Handsome, beautiful... oh my god... Oh my god what is happening to me. I quickly look at my group talking, trying to avoid that handsome man who was speaking with all the people. "Okay, can we get food...now!" Noah groans in annoyance.

"yes.. yes..." Regina shakes her head. I get up and walk towards the long table that aligns the room as a border. At the site if food, my stomach starts to grumble making me blush pink. shut up stomach, hmm... i have no idea what to have. There are so many yummy things, I can feel my mouth start to water. Gulping down, hoping I down drool, I make my way along the table.

"How are you feeling" Someone speaks, causing me to yelp in fear. I drop my plate, oh no no no no noooo! My chocolate fell on the guys shoes. Not bothering to look at his face, I quickly grab some tissues and bend down to clean it up.

I am so dumb, I am so clumsy, I am so stupid,..

I am just the EMBARRASSMENT OF SOCIETY

"Uhm, no you are not... and it is okay" The guy bends down as well, biting my bottom lips I look up and lock eyes with the guy. Oh my god! It's him, the hot dude. The guy, the one... oh my god.... oh my god... i'm gonna die!

Unknowingly my eyes grows wider than expected, I quickly look down, and let go of the tissue allowing him to do the work. "I - I am so sorry.,.. i am... you know, I was just" My mouth stumbles on the words. Holy crap, yes seraphina way to go.

"Just watch your way next time" he smirks. Pfff... he should have also, okay yeah maybe it is my fault. "Anyways how are you?" he questions startling me.

I look around oddly, and back to his dark green eyes. "uhm... good?" my words come out more like a robot. Why is he asking how am I? I barely know the dude... this guy is tall! Even when I am where damn heels, and he is miraculously beautiful!! his hair is golden and green eyes like oh my god man. Okay, my attitude is changing. Clearing my throat, I stand up straight, "why do you ask?" I say. Okay, wait his accent tho!

"I... uhm... saw you fainted outside"

Squinting my eyes at him, my mouth opens wide as I see him pursing his lips to hold back a laughter. "excuse me?! You think this is funny!"