Miss Mystic Falls (Edited)

(Mystic Falls High School)

Bella's POV.

We are all in Mr Saltzman's classroom learning whatever, but I'm not paying attention as I'm texting Lincoln, I can't wait until he comes back.

"Okay, this week we're gonna set outside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founders' Day. Apparently the community leaders feels it's more important than World War 2 but hey what do I know?" Ric says to us, Bonnie then interrupts him and enters the classroom. I can't believe it she's back.

"Sorry I'm late." Bonnie says to him, and takes a seat next to Caroline, which is in front of my desk.

"Well, it looks like we will be at full occupancy today. Welcome home, Bonnie." Ric tells her, I then poke her with a pencil and she turns around.

I smile at her and she smiles back, she then smiles at Elena but when she looks at Stefan her smile fades and Stefan smiles at her but she tries not to look at him, and turns her head to the front of the class.

After class, me and Elena catch up with her outside since she left the classroom as soon as the bell went.

"Bonnie!" Elena shouts as we catch up with her.

"Hey." Bonnie says looking up from the pieces of paper in her hands.

"Hey, we tried to grab you after class but you already taken off. How are you? How's your family?" I ask her with a sad smile.

"We're dealing, it's been hard." Bonnie tells us looking at me, but she is avoiding eye contact with Elena.

"Everyone here really missed you." Elena tells her, and I nod agreeing with her.

"Yeah, I just had so much to deal with after Grams' funeral and, honestly after you told me the tomb spell failed I just didn't really want to come back." Bonnie tells her.

"I hope that you understand why I called... I wanted you to know before you came home." Elena tells her. Elena has repeatedly been trying to call her when she's been away, but Bonnie never answered. Although when I texted her she said she just needed some space, so I let her have it.

"I understand why. I just... Shouldn't know." Bonnie says to us, then there's pause between us all as we just look at each other.

"Awkward..." I hum, and gain a punch to the arm from Elena as Bonnie gives a small chuckle, Caroline then makes her way over to us.

"Bonnie! Bonnie! Thank god you're home!" Caroline says to her, as she embraces Bonnie into a hug "I know we talked everyday but I missed you." She tells her, I then look over to Elena who seems upset, probably because she's talked me and Caroline more then her since she's been away.

"How are you doing?" Caroline asks softly.

"Better. Better. You know, glad to be back and trying to keep myself busy." Bonnie tells her, that was the same thing I did when mine and Elena's parents died, kept my self busy with my friends and family, so we're going to help her.

"Well, I can help with that. Major wardrobe problem. You need to help me pick up the perfect dress for the Founders' court." Caroline tells her, crap I totally forgot.

"The Founders' court? Did I miss something?" Elena asks clueless.

"The Founders' court! You know, Miss Mystic Falls. They announced it today and Bella and I are both on it" Caroline tells us.

"Oh my god! Mom signed you up for that so long ago... I completely forgot, I remember calling up the next day and quitting." Elena tells me, but it was more like she didn't want to do it and mom wouldn't let me quit.