That's my baby in there.

You ran. You ran, and you regretted it. You left, really. After you found out you were pregnant, you were just gone. And for a long time, for 7 months, Nick didn't know where to find you. That was how you wanted it to stay.

You left for obvious reasons. Did Nick really need another child? Of course not, not another problem in his life. He was going through so much with Maria, he didn't need a baby. He didn't need you.

So when you became a witness in a domestic violence case that SVU was investigating, you traveled back into Manhattan, not too far from where you lived now, and where you lived before. When you physically walked into the precinct, Nick was the last person you had expected to see.

There he was, back turned to you, as only one pair of eyes met yours. You didn't recognize the blonde woman, but you saw that she was a detective. You made a "shh," motion, and pointed to Nick, walking behind his back and letting her follow you to an interview room.

"Are you here for the Ulloa case?" The woman asked, and you nodded, giving her your name.

"Ah, well I'm Amanda," the two of you shook hands and she sat across from you. "So, what's up with you and Nick?" She asked, trying to get the question that was wracking her mind out of the way.

"U-Um," you weren't sure if you had ever been so embarrassed about this. Nick and yourself dated for about 2 years, but telling someone that he worked so closely with that you were pregnant with his child shouldn't have been something you were scared to say. You were more afraid that she had never heard of you, and would ask why you left, leaving you to expose all of his mess with Maria, which wasn't fair to him.

But you were probably overthinking, like you often did.

"We just had a thing a little while back, obviously." You laughed nervously and gestured to your very pregnant belly, watching her eyes widen.

"Oh," she laughed a little. "Congratulations, but, uh.. does Nick.. know?" She felt like it was necessary, because she understood the feeling.

You dreaded that question every minute of every day. You felt your eyes nearly fill with tears as you looked up at her. "No," your voice was just as teary as you hoped it wouldn't be. She simply nodded.

"It's okay, I.. I understand completely." And you believed her, she had the vibe of an incredibly strong mother, the kind that had been through a lot. You weren't sure if you wanted to be that way.

"Now, about this case..."

...

You and Amanda had quickly become friends, and she made you forget all of your worries. Which, this one time, wasn't very good for you.

"Belleza.." it was barely a mumble, heard from behind you. Most people wouldn't have even realized that he said anything. But you did, it made you stop in your tracks, and you shook. You was just glad that you had your back turned to him.

"What are you doing here..?" He walked towards you, placing his hand on your shoulder and spinning you around, feeling his heart sink as he noticed your body. Noticed your baby, rather.

"Are you... you're.." He stepped back, looking at you in disbelief, his eyes just as teary as yours were before. He could feel his heart pounding, nearly popping out of his chest. This wasn't fair, that was his child, you tried to take it from him. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, hands resting on his hips and a frown etched onto his face.

You couldn't breathe, you snatched your hands from his. "I-I didn't want to upset you, I mean.. you were still going through things with Maria, a-and Zara, I just.." You felt yourself tear up. "I didn't want to upset you." Your breath was shaky as you felt everyone's confused eyes on you, watching Nick get angry, but the sadness never truly left his eyes.

"Upset me? That's my baby in there!" And he said it, for all the world to hear. For a split second, you hated him for it. "I want to be a part of this babies life! How could you take this from me?" His voice had gone soft, this was entirely out of character for you, to just up and leave the way you did.

You were shocked at his words, because you had truly never thought of it that way. He was right, you had taken this child away from him, but it wasn't going to be that way. Not anymore. Truth be told, you missed Nick, and you missed him being around. You surely didn't want this child to grow up without him.

"Nick... I-I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to.." Your hands reached up to cup his face, pulling him close to you and feeling warm tears stream down your cheeks, contrasting with the cold of the squad room. "I'm so sorry." You looked up at him with a slight smile, kissing his nose.

"I never wanted this, I wanted you to be apart of his life, really. I still do... Please don't think that I meant to hurt you." You voice was nothing above a whisper, your mind begging that he would forgive you, that you could move on.

You heard him chuckle above you, his arms wrapping around you and pulling you as close as possible. "I missed you, mi amor." He whispered right back, causing you to let out a teary laugh.

Moments later, another question rised from Nick. "His life?" You felt yourself blush, surprised that you had said anything.

"Yeah, Nick.. you're gonna have a baby boy." You were relieved at this point to say those words, relieved that you didn't have to hide, didn't have to be alone through this anymore. Everything was good again.

"That's amazing." He chuckled, pulling you chin up to his. He placed a soft, passionate, long-awaited kiss on your lips, before leaning down to whisper in your ear. "We should probably catch up on the last seven months, yeah?"