Blame The Silence

**TRIGGER WARNING** The following story includes content of heavy physical and emotional abuse. Please read carefully.

Art: The expression or application of human skill typically transformed into a visual form.

Since Camila learned this to be the definition of art, it changed her perspective. She used to think he hated her but now she likes to lie to herself and say that he is simply creating art. He is using his skill and physical strength to transform her, otherwise dull, body and create visual forms of blue and black marks.

This morning, he created a masterpiece leaving Camila's entire side sensitive to the touch. She knew she shouldn't touch the new pieces but it helps her see how long they'll be there. She can tell by the amount of initial pain at the first touch.

Three weeks, she thinks this time, maybe four.

She inspired this art piece, though, she always does. She didn't have dinner ready on time and she should know better. Yes, maybe he got off of work an hour early but that's no excuse for her uselessness.

He tells her it's only because he cares about her, and she believes him. She understands he solely does it to teach her a lesson when she does something stupid.

Camila knows this to be true.

She is ,in fact, very stupid. This is why she tries so hard when she's in school, but she's not very accomplished in her academics. He allows her to continue going to a local college, though, mainly to keep her out of his hair for a few hours a week.

Other than that she is at home at all times, making sure that everything is just how he likes it. She cleans for him, and cooks for him. She makes sure to stay working for him at all times because he doesn't like it when she's lazy.

It inspires him to create art.

Camila knows this to be true.

Today, Camila saw her for the first time. She sat in the back of the classroom and the professor announced she'd be observing her teaching for some time.

This makes Camila think she is an important person, she certainly looks important. The green-eyed girl is dressed in a pencil skirt and a white blouse. Camila thinks she is very beautiful, too beautiful to be touched.

This is why she is surprised when the woman approaches her after class.

Although Camila likes the idea of making a new friend she knew he wouldn't like it. So even though the green-eyed girl is friendly, she politely declines her offer for coffee.

"Wait," Dorothy says as Camila walks away.

This is what Camila has named her in her head. Her emerald eyes, remind her of the emerald city from The Wizard Of Oz, so she has nicknamed the girl Dorothy.

"Can I at least know your name?"

Camila contemplates the question and decides that there is no harm in answering. When she does it makes Dorothy smile.

"Camila" she repeats. The name rolling off the girls tongue like that is where it has always belonged "I'll see you around Camz" she girl says, immediately giving Camila a nickname of her own.

A smile is all Camila offers in return before she walks away.

When she arrives home she immediately gets to work. She has to cook dinner, finish the laundry and make sure that she folds the clothes exactly how he likes them. She doesn't want to endure pain today, she's tired.