o n e

🌿🌌🌿

The cold cloth against his face soaked itself with the harsh sweat that mindlessly dripped down his pale flesh. His breath uneven as he tried desperately to catch it, and his bones desperately wanting rest, aching for it. Joshua was chopping wood for the later nights in the year, the more colder months, a strength he could provide for his family, and were grateful for.

It was a regular summer night for him, chopping wood, and getting some chores done that he didn't do in the evening because of how hot it really got in Alabama. Joshua thought of it as a smart idea to do so, and it really did tire him out at the end of the day, giving the brunet the best sleep in the end.

His mind, though, his mind was overwhelmed of another.

Tan, flushed skin, glittering innocently in the sunlight, and a giggle so heavenly, it'd make gods and angels cry of it's sanctuary. The tune was so beautiful, so goddamn beautiful, and Joshua yearn to hear once more.

Just once.

Joshua's been replaying that moment since that fateful day, even though it was a month ago, he still couldn't get that cherry cheek brunet boy off his mind. The way his body seemed to glisten in the sunlight like the angels above, the way his thighs had a beautiful pudge to them, the gorgeous curve of his hips, and the way his plump, red lips turned up into a smile so blinding.

Then, when he saw those pair of eyes, the way they held such a light, the creases so gorgeous. Doe-eyes that held a deep chocolate, and god, was it a pretty sight.

So fuckin' pretty.

He shook his head, as if to throw the thoughts out, he's had plenty of that for the time being.

So, with another final heave, he threw his axe down against another piece of wood, splitting it in two and tossing it into the huge pile that he'll store in the white, wooden shack that they had, until it was of use.

"Joshua!" A sweet tune echoed out, gathering his attention to the front door of their white, wooden house, and he grinned at his mother as she gave him a soft smile. "Go and finish up, will ya'? Dinner is ready, and I don't want it getting cold on ya'!"

"Alright, mama!" Joshua shouted back, swinging his axe into the stump before grabbing some of the wood, and making his way to the white shack. He strategically opened the door with his foot and plopped the cut pieces to the floor, not minding the harsh sound it made when it did, and going back to grab more.

After he was finished, locking up the thing, and running a hand through his sweated out hair; he slowly made his way back into his cooling home and taking in the smell of barbecue chicken. He almost howled at the sight of it as he toed off his shoes, and slowly made his way to the dining room, his mother gasping at his current dirty state.

"Clean up, boy, ya' smell bad enough to gag a maggot! And hurry!"

Joshua only snickered as his father's laugh filled the dinning room, and made his way to clean himself up. Making his way up the creaky stairs, and feeling the cold air hit his body felt like heaven to him. Slipping off his white, sleeveless shirt, and unbuttoning his jeans before throwing his attire where ever in the hallway. Practically naked, except for his underwear and white socks, he moved to the bathroom, where he began to get himself cleaned up for the night, with a mind at ease for once.

Only because a certain angelic boy was on his mind once again.

Where another problem seemed to arise itself.

💫

The clattering of utensils hitting glass wear ticked at Joshua, the expanse of his muscles tensing every time one of his parents clanked their fork against the white plate, and dragged it as it made a small, screeching sound.

The thought of flush cheeks crossed his mind, and suddenly he was relaxing just as his mother clear up her throat.

"I was talking with Mrs. Joseph today, met her at the grocery store while reachin' for the tomatoes, and we were chattin' along, until she brought up that she needed a tough hand around the house since her husband went missin' last month." Laura chewed up the meat on her fork, swallowing and eyeing her son with expectant eyes. "You haven't met the Joseph's, have ya', son?"

Joshua sighed.

"Mama, if ya' expectin' me to go over there and help..."

"Just to paint their home! And, she'll even pay ya'!" She said with a smile, her fork, a character as she spoke.

"It'd be good for ya', Joshua." His father butted in, making the brunet grimace as he spoke with his mouth open.

"If she's payin', then I don't mind." He grumbled, picking up another piece of meat with his fork. "But, it's just paintin', right?"

Laura smiled, giving a breathless laugh before going back to her food again. "Just paintin'."

"When do I start?" Joshua said mindlessly, grabbing his water, and downing some of it along with his food.

"She wants ya' to come in as soon as ya' can, so maybe head over there tomorrow? Morning is my best bet, she works from 8 until 6 in the afternoon. I swear, that girl is gonna work herself to death!"

Joshua gave his mother a soft smile, his father never butting in then he already had, and Bill knew when to tip-toe by his son, since his anger seemed to rise quickly.

"I'll be there in the mornin', don't worry." Joshua down the rest of his water before clearing his throat up and letting out a soft chuckle. "Do ya' think ya' could tell me exactly where it is? Last time ya' told me directions on paper, ya' made me go somewhere completely different!"

Laura bursted out, laughing as she held her stomach and eyeing her son who sat with a pout beside her. "Don't ya' worry, it's by the river. M'sure ya' won't get lost this time. It's a big white, pealing vintage style home. Sittin' on pillar's and everythin'!"

By the river.

Joshua's mind seemed wander as a flush overwhelmed his body in a tremble, and his mother's voice range out into a soft buzz.

Cherry cheeks, and a laugh so in tuned, it could make angels and gods cry out for it's haven.

"Ya' done?" His mother's voice threw reality for him, and his sudden fixated eyes gazed into her's slowly.

"Y-Ya'." He mumbled, clearing his throat before standing up with a slight stumble. "M'gonna go get my rest for tomorrow. Goodnight."

Giving his parent's kisses for the night, his mother giving him worried eyes as he abruptly left, he made his way to his room with a hand running through his slightly damp hair and a tummy filled with butterflies.

Joshua hit his bed with a sigh, rolling over and pulling his covers with him. His eyes seemed to get heavier over time, and suddenly he found himself in a paradise.

The one filled with a tone that felt so safe, the plump lip that seemed to tantalize him and the burning, doe-eyes that threatened every muscle.

Capture his attention.

Those fuckin' pretty eyes.

🌿🌌🌿

- 麻美