7

"We won! We actually won!" Monique cheers as we exit the bus triumphal.

"We should go out and celebrate." someone suggests.

"Great idea, Kourt." Monique smiles at her then looks at me. "What do you think?"

"I don't kno- I should get ho-"

"Come on, Rylee!" Monique whines.

"We can go to my house to celebrate. It'll be chill and just us girls." Leslie says, looking back at us. "My parents aren't home, so we can maybe sneak some drinks." she winks.

"Alright ladies, does everyone have a ride home?" Coach sighs, getting off the bus. "If not then I can give you one." he offers then looks around the crowd of girls. His eyes land on me as if he expects me to speak up.

"We're actually all going to my house to celebrate the win." Leslie tells him. "Just us and some pizza. I don't know if you'd like to join." she cheekily says.

Coach chuckles, shaking his head. "Sounds fun, but I don't think that's very appropriate."

"So we're going?" Monique tugs my arm. I look around the group of girls, waiting for my answer. Coach seemed interested as well. "It won't be a team celebration if our captain isn't there."

"Okay fine," I sigh, giving in.

"Okay then." Coach laughs at the cheering girls. "I'll see you all Monday and I hope you have a good weekend."

All of us walk through the parking lot, filing into different cars. Kourtney took me, Monique and Brit while everyone else found their own ride. Kourtney follows Leslie all the way to her house that was further up North of our town which was known as the 'high end' part. We pass by many big houses until we come to a final stop.

"Wow," I mumble to myself as we pull up to one of the nice houses on the street.

Kourtney parks behind Leslie and we all jump out while we admire her house. The others were still parking as we follow Leslie into the house. She turns on the lights, revealing the foyer that was opened to the living room and kitchen.

"Leslie, this is insane." Monique gasps.

"Yeah, we just moved here." she sighs then puts the phone to her ear. "What kind of pizza do you want?"

They blurt out all kinds of pizza's while I trail off to the living room. I make myself comfortable by sitting on the big white couch. Soon, more people join me in the room and start talking about the game. I just sit back and listen to everything. Then they just start gossiping about random people in our school.

"I didn't know what you guys would want, so I just brought a few things." Leslie says, setting bottles of alcohol on the coffee table. She leaves again and comes back with cups. "We're going to have fun tonight." she cheers, helping someone else pour drinks.

Everyone was handed a cup, but I declined mine. "I don't like drinking."

"What?" Brit laughs. "Have you eve-"

"Don't even try." Monique jumps in. "She doesn't like it."

"Just one." Leslie says, waving the cup in my face. "This one isn't that bad if all you don't like is the taste." she tries to persuade me.

I just take the cup to test the theory and she was right. The drink was sweet and good. I look over at Monique and she was in complete shock.

"This actually isn't that bad." I tell her, taking a swig of it.

"Slow down, Rylee." Brit says, chuckling.