Chapter 27. Loving Scarlett.

Rage.

Please Rage.
Come back.

That melodic sweet voice had my heart stuttering.
I kept wanting to listen to it...
But it wouldn't talk anymore.

Please talk....
I begged.

But no one heard me.

My eyes open to the face of this angelic woman I am proud to call my wife.
She looked.....troubled, in her sleep.
Her eyebrows scrunched up and hints of dried off tears on her beautiful face.
The beauty mark on her chin shined like a diamond under the dim light.
My lips, open and I drag my hand towards my chest where her soft palm laid against my heart.
Softly I take her hand in mine, while my other hand wrapped around her middle.
"Don't" I hear a gruff voice say.
I turn my face to find Martin sitting in a chair with his face, pale. His mouth open in shock.
"Don't move her hand. She will wake up." He said to me after recovering from whatever it is that got him so shocked.
Its not the first time I have been shot at.
I frowned but let it go. Instead I smiled down at my girl, as she slept.
"We have to lie to her. Instead of antibiotics. We give her pain killers for her shoulder as she would refuse to take drugs for pain. They knock her out within minutes. But...everytime we try to move her hand. Almost...everytime. She wakes up. She needs to feel you breathing to sleep peacefully." Martin says, from beside me. I wanted to ask why did she need pain killers but my throat hurt too bad.
I clear my throat and winced at the pain in my chest.
Thats when I felt something poking in my nose.
Lifting my hand up, I examine the foreign thing stuck to my nose.
"Wha--" I said gruffly.
"Wait. Let me take it out for you." Martin says, smiling.
He stands up and moves towards me.
He takes out the oxygen thing from around my nose and lifts it up over my ears and then over my head.

"I don't think you will need it anymore now that you are awake. The hole in your lung, is almost healed." Martin says.
I frowned yet again.
I couldn't really access my situation right now.
The soreness in my chest made it difficult for me to move.
"Wha-What the fuck happened?" I croaked with my throat feeling sore and scratchy as if somebody used nails to scratch it off from inside me.
"Here." Martin lifts my head up and bring a glass water with a straw on it.
I suck on the small straw and let the clear liquid, cool down my sore throat.
I greedily gulped it down and asked for more. And Martin happily helped me for more.
When I finished with drinking atleast four glasses of water, my head hit the soft pillows, and my mouth opens for a relived sigh.

Closing my eyes, I touched my chest, where it ached.
I groaned when I felt the bandages and the puckered skin.
There were two bullets fired where is the other one!
"You were shot, Zenon." Martin tells me.
"I remember. But there was another bullet fired. Where did it hit me? I can only feel soreness in my chest." I asked touching that puckered part again.
"It didn't hit you. Scarlett took it for you...." he trails.
I look at him aghast.
Turning my head I look down at Scar and examined her body with my wavering hands
"Her shoulder. She took a hit on her shoulder." He tells me.
I gently lay my palm on her shoulder and felt the bandages under her blue hospital gown.
Pulling it down, I saw the small bandage that was taped to her smooth skin.
"She...took a bullet for me?" I ask in shock.
"Yes. She did..." Martin answers.
"How-How long was I out this time?" I asked as I gently covered her shoulder again.
"Almost two weeks, Zenon." Martin answers from where he sat.
Thats got to be a new record.
"You-You almost died this time,Ze--" I cut him off.
"Worth it." I said loud and clear.
"What about Timothy?" I ask.
"He is fine. Just a concussion. He's been a mess with both of you out of it." He chuckles.
A silence takes over in the grey room.
For a moment none of us talk.
It was like a ticking time bomb...