diecisiete

It's the chapter we've all been waiting for lmao
--
"Noona... I need to talk to you."

Jungkook bit his lip as he sat at a table with Mina at one of the coffee shops he had grown to love. His stomach was currently doing flips, and he was starting to doubt if he could really go through with what he wanted to do.

It had been a few days since his last confrontation with Jimin, and he had made his decision. Going through with it however, was proving to be hard.

It's not that he didn't want to end his relationship with Mina, it's just that he found it difficult to get the words out.

"What's up Jungkook-Ah?" Mina smiled, taking a small sip of her drink and watching the younger intently.

Jungkook opened his mouth to say something, before closing it, reevaluating his words as he didn't want to mess up.

"I just don't..." He sighed, "I just don't really think that this is working out between us. I'm sorry."

Mina's expression completely fell, her gaze dropping down to the tabletop for a moment before looking up and nodding.

"I knew it." Mina sighed, closing her eyes and running a hand through her hair. "I really do like you Jungkook, but I've been kind of waiting for you to say that to me."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, observing as Mina exhaled and rested her head on her hand.

"What do you mean?" He asked, Mina shrugging and adjusting the hat she wore.

"You were just... Never fully there with me you know?" She began, "No matter what extent I would go to get your attention it always seemed like you were thinking about someone else. And I'm not going to lie to you, it hurt, but I tried to pretend that maybe I was just overthinking things. Maybe you were just a distant person, but neither of those are right are they?"

Jungkook looked down before shaking his head.

"If we're going to part ways, I'd like to leave with as few secrets kept as possible." Mina spoke. "Were you seeing someone else when we were together?"

"I don't know if you could call it that.. But you weren't the only person I was with." Jungkook mumbled, watching the glimpse of sadness that flashed across Mina's expression before it settled back to neutral.

"I see." She nodded, folding her hands in front of her. "Can I ask why? Is one person just not enough for you?"

The younger could hear the bitter undertone of Mina's words, choosing his words carefully before responding.

"It's not that..." He sighed, "I swear I'm not usually this type of guy. It's just that while I was with you somebody else seemed to capture my heart. I didn't want it to happen, I was pretty reluctant to acknowledge my feelings at first, but I couldn't control it." Mina looked down at her drink, focusing her attention on stirring it as Jungkook talked.

"I wanted to make it work with you,
I swear I did, but I know that if I stay with you I'm just going to keep hurting everyone involved in this." He continued, Mina looking up and nodding.

"I understand." She responded, "We weren't destined for each other and," Mina paused to quickly wipe at her eyes. "And that's okay. This other person... What are they like?"

Jungkook hesitated, hating the fact that tears had welled up in two different people's eyes because of him within a week's time.

"They're adorable, but at the same time very assertive. They're one of those people who always know how to say the right thing, but are still very humble." He sighed. "They're beautiful. Their laugh is extraordinary and so is their smile. They're gentle and caring... I'm getting too carried away I'm sorry."