Chapter 19

"Stay still, Miss Riddle." Dumbledore muttered as he put his wand to her head and pulled out a whisp like thing from her temple.

The bearded man deposited the whisp in the bowl before looking at the other two in the room.

"Please, join me in looking at the truth." Dumbledore spoke, more like a demand than offer.

Rosie muttered, glaring at Severus as they made their way to the bowl and slowly dunked their heads in.

Many Years Ago

"Shhh, I bet you can get the beast to exit the den." one kid whispered while another chuckled and knocked on the door of a lone room.

"What is it?" a small voice came from behind the door.

"Uh, um... Dinner!" the two children worked together to try and fool the other child.

"Coming." the voice from inside responded before a creaks from wood was heard and the door opened.

Ice cold water drenched the raggedly dressed little girl as she screamed and slammed the door closed. The trio from the future were present to see this event and were taken inside the little girl's room after the two kids ran off.

"Stupid jerks..." the little girl muttered, crawling into a blanket that rivaled a piece of paper on thinness.

The girl shivered as a wind was able to slip through the cracks of the stones in the room. A book fluttered open and the girl looked as there was suddenly a slightly older boy in her room.

"I caculated wrong... I should have done twenty turns, not ten." the boy muttered to himself.

"Hello?" the girl looked at the boy, hiding in the blanket.

"Merlin's beard what are you?" the boy jumped slightly.

"I'm a Rosie. Or the beast as the other kids call me. I accidentally broke down a wooden wall, so I got moved to a stone room." The girl looked down and sniffed.

"Tell me Rosie, what age are you?" the boy looked at her, a smirk appearing on his face.

"I'm 7 now, but soon it'll be my birthday!" Rosie cheered slightly before looking at the wall behind the boy. "Only 28 tallies left!"

"Pardon but could you explain?" the boy sat on the wood that was supposed to be the girl's bed.

"Oh, I am not allowed outside, so I can't really tell what time it is, so when it gets dark, I put a tally on my wall to keep track." Rosie pointed at the wall full of little white slash marks surrounding by little pictures drawn in the same white chalk.

"Well Rosie, want to come with me to some place better?" the boy questioned.

"What kind of place?" Rosie looked up in wonder.

"You'll be treated well, but in repayment, you have to drink a gross drink everyday for a couple years and call me your twin." the boy offered his hand to the girl.

"Deal!" Rosie gladly accepted his hand.

"Then let's go." the boy began turning the hourglass necklace.

"Wait, I need Mr. Fluffy." Rosie dove under her bed and grabbed the small, torn bear from underneath. "Alright, I'm ready to go." she grabbed his hand again and eventually the two disappeared.

Back to present day

Rosie pulled her head quickly out of the bowl and looked away as the other two joined her. Tears in her eyes, she knew that they now knew the truth. She was no twin sister to an all powerful wizard, she was simply a girl that had bad luck come her way. A naive little girl.

"Go ahead, scold me. Yell and scream." Rosie sighed, looking down at her feet.

"Miss Riddle, why wouldn't you tell us about this sooner?" Severus's scorn voice began.

"Severus. Enough. The past is the past, and we can only hope to use our knowledge of the past to help our future." Dumbledore stood next to the solem woman who was still looking at the floor.

"Sir. I feel like we should find who put Miss Riddle there and what year she was there. If we want to discover how far back Voldemort took her out of her time." Severus suggested.

"1962." Dumbledore spoke.

"Excuse me?" Rosie looked at him.

"You were born in 1962." Dumbledore smiled slightly at her.

"How do you know?" Rosie glared suspiciously.

"Because, I remember being there. Your parents were close friends of mine. They made me your Godfather. Why didn't I see it till now? You're the spitting image of your mother. Though you have your father's intelligent eyes." Dumbledore smiled slightly.

"So wait. You expect me to believe that you are my godfather and my parents are friends of yours?" Rosie frowned.

"Well... There are a few details you need to know." Dumbledore looked down.

"If you know where my parents are, I can finally meet them! I could duel with my father, bake with my mother!" Rosie smiled like she hasn't before and danced to a tune in her head.

"Rosie-" Dumbledore tried to get the girl's attention.

"We could maybe try a family camp out! I've never done one of those... Oh wait! I know, I can see if father or mother are big animal people like I am. I used to work in a zoo you know. I could take them to the zoo I used to work at!" Rosie spat out ideas of what she would do when she met her parents.

"Rosie!" Severus grabbed her by the arms and broke her out of her thoughts.

"Sorry, um what were we talking about?" Rosie smiled sheepishly.

"Rosie... I'm sorry but your parents are no longer with us." Dumbledore looked down solemly.

"What?" Rosie looked out the window as thunder boomed.

"They were killed in the first wizarding war. They fought valiantly. They left you in my care, but you were so small, and I had too many things to do. I asked the orphanage to watch you and over time, I got so caught up in work that I never noticed your absence till I got a letter saying you've ran away." Dumbledore explained.

Rosie looked at him with disappointment before disappearing in black mist and flying out the window.

"I forget that death eaters can fly without a broom..." Dumbledore looked at Severus. "You're the only one who could possibly catch up to her or at least find the direction she went in."

"You know I hate this way of travel." Severus snapped before going after Rosie.