Chapter Twenty-Eight ~ Quidditch

The instant I saw Nev, I ran to him. Drew's voice trailed off, and I forgot the fact that I had abruptly left our conversation, but it didn't really matter all that much. Embracing Neville, I squeezed him tight enough to make him gasp for breath.

"Why didn't you write back!" I hissed, remembering that I was mad at him.

"Noctis and Barnabus have kind of become... good friends... And Noctis won't leave the house without him." replied Neville, rather sheepishly.

"But... I thought Noctis was a boy?" I murmured, more to myself than anybody else.

"Yeah, she isn't..." said Neville, his voice deadly serious.

In that moment, we took one look at each other and burst out in laughter. With tears brimming in my eyes, I finally remembered Drew. As if a candle had lit up above my head, I grabbed Neville's hand and dragged him to where I last saw Drew.

"You should meet Drew, he saved my life... Literally." I said, turning a little grim when I remembered that night.

Looking around, I saw that Drew was gone. Looking around desperately, I couldn't see him anywhere. Feeling slightly disappointed, I smiled at Neville and we walked onwards. As we neared Gryffindor tower, Neville grimaced at the sight of Sir. Cadogan.

"He changes his passwords all the time, and he never let's me in!" sighed Neville, looking defeated.

"Yeah... I tried once-" I began, until the night took one look at me and burst out yelling.

"AHH! THE WICKED WITCH! Alas! Ye shall not enter with Sir. Cadogan on guard foul beasty!" he called out.

Rather than point his sword at me, he lifted up his helmet and poked his tongue at me. Super maturely. Whipping out my wand, I came very close to uttering 'Fortuna Major', but I refrained, mainly because I didn't want Neville to know that I made a spell.

"Hey! You shut up! You wouldn't know a lady if she danced naked in front of you!" hissed Neville, looking very close to punching the portrait.

"Nev, ladies don't dance naked." I whispered, trying to keep serious rather than giggle.

Yeah, that didn't work. Soon we were roaring with laughter, waiting for some other Gryffindor to come along and remember the password. Slumping down on the wall opposite, we waited for what seemed like hours.

"Why hasn't anybody come along?" I whispered, feeling freezing cold as the sunlight drifted away.

"Oh! It's dinner time!" he gasped, looking around.

At that exact moment, a flood of students herded before us, streaming in to the Gryffindor common room. I wasn't all that hungry, but I sorely missed the grand dessert that would have been dished out at the Ravenclaw table tonight.

The last few students were hobbling in to the room, leaving Neville a brief window to walk in to the common room. For a few moments, we stood there in front of the open portrait hole, silently. It wasn't a bad silence at all, it was a calm silence.

"Well... I should... Anyway... Um... Goodnight." stuttered Neville, leaning in and kissing my cheek lightly.

"Yeah... you too..." I whispered, waving good-bye to him.

He walked in to the doorway, and was soon engulfed in the many other Gryffindor’s. I lost sight of him just before to portrait swung completely closed. Sighing, I turned and began to wander slowly to Ravenclaw tower, thoughts tumbling through my mind.

"Ooh la la!" teased a familiar voice beside me.

Turning, I saw the now emerald eyes of Viperous, my Slytherin friend. Luckily, it was too dark for her to see me blush, unluckily my necklace was an embarrassed pink and it shone though the hall. Her eyes narrowed, and I could tell that she was chuckling.