Chapter 27: Two sides of a coin

Saira's P.O.V

Iroh and I decided to keep our relationship a secret. No one of us wanted to please the paparazzi.
"What are we going to do the next two weeks?", he asked.

"I thought of showing your brother Republic City, in case he didn't see it and enjoy the two weeks. When are you getting promoted?"

"I don't know. I haven't spoken to General Asuma yet."

I nodded and continued:"How about having lunch at my place?"

"We could go over too."

"Are you being serious, Iroh? You don't even have rice in your kitchen. And by the way, I promised to cook for you."
He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"How does Haku get along with the media? After all he's your best friend."

"They are not interested in Haku. They are never interested in just "friends" ."

"What do you mean by that?"

"The media loves to hook up people, as you know. For example: they would never hook you up with Rin or some other friend if you were famous. They would think that you could possibly date Haku and invent fake stories about you two. Do you understand?"

"And how about you? You don't seem to care about them much."

"It's because I'm fed up with them. It's like a curse. At the beginning, I tried to fight them but it didn't help. So I just accepted, that they live my life with me and that they stalk and take pictures of me the whole time. Katrina and Urmi enjoyed their attention, as you already said. No one of us ever had a problem with them seeing us. But with you it's different. You are different, Saira. You hate them as much I do."

I just stared at him, imagining how horrible his life was. It was true that he had the benefit of being royality but on the other hand his life was hell and I was thankful that I didn't have to lead a life like he did.
I leaned closer and kissed him.
I still wasn't sorry for what I said earlier but I understood, why he was hiding his identity from me. If I was him I would've done the same.

"Do you know what's special event next week is?"

Iroh looked up at me, confused:"I can't think of any."

"Are you sure?"

"I guess so."

I sighed:"It's your birthday."

"Oh yeah. I have totally forgotten it."

"I was thinking of travelling to Ember Island."

Iroh looked at me, amused:"Alone?"

"Rin would kill me. As well as Taemin and Sarina, if I was there and not telling them. You could visit your family too. As far as I know your family visits mine the next week."

"I thought you were disinterested in my family.", Iroh smirked.

"It's the time I always avoided and travelled to the capital."

"And you are ready to meet them this time?"

"If you join them, I'd love to."

Iroh chuckled and suddenly the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey big sissy! When do you have vacation?"

"The next two weeks. Why do you ask?"

"Thank god! I really need your help!"

"With?"

"It's ma's and pa's twentieth wedding anniversary."

"I thought we wanted to celebrate their twenty-fifth big."

"Well that changed."

I groaned:"Alright. I will leave for home tomorrow. Bye."

I put the phone down and walked upstairs and started packing, completely forgetting that Iroh was present too.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm off to Ember Island tomorrow."

"Why so spontaneous?"

"Because Taemin just called and told me that we are going to celebrate my parents twentieth wedding anniversary."

Iroh was about to say something but was interrupted by a knock on the door. I rushed down to see, who it was and surprise surprise, it were Haku and Prince Lu Ten. Iroh stepped behind me and placed one hand on my hip, pulling me closer.
There was a smirk on Haku's and Lu Ten's faces. I just rolled my eyes and asked them to come in.

"General Asuma called.", Haku started,"He wants to talk to you, Iroh."

"When?"

"At twelve at the HQ."

"That's in one hour. Sorry Saira, I think lunch won't work today."

"It's okay. I had to pack anyways."

"Pack? What for?", Haku asked curiously.

"I'm leaving for Ember Island."

"Why? I thought you two sorted out everything."

"Yes, we did. It's my parents wedding anniversary."

"Ooohhh!!! A party? Are we invited?"

"Sure. Why not. But you have to be ready tomorrow, since I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Is Rin coming too?"

I grinned. Was something going on there? I hoped so! Since I loved Rin and Haku. So I had a new mission: hooking up Haku and Rin. I smirked at that thought and earned weird looks from the three men, standing in my house.

"I hope you are not imagining Iroh naked right now.", Haku teased.

I blushed and punched Hakus arm:"Haha very funny. I don't know if Rin's coming along, since I got to know about the anniversary five minutes ago. Don't you have to get ready, Iroh?"

He had my full attention now. Iroh just nodded and  looked over to Haku and Lu Ten, who gave him the same look he was giving them. And I immediately knew, they were giving each other signs. But I didn't know what it was, unfortunately. And I hated it. I hated not understanding a single bit what they were signalling. But I knew it was something between them, so I ignored them and put the roses in water.
Haku and Lu Ten left and Iroh was following. I decided to ask Rin if she wanted to join us to Ember Island. She agreed fortunately.

Iroh's P.O.V

As I reached the HQ, I was nervous as hell. I didn't know what waited for me. I just hoped that I wasn't sacked. I stepped out of my car and walked inside the building, wishing that I didn't exist at this moment. My mind cursed me for listening to Saira. But on the other hand, I got her closer to me. On my way to the meeting-room, I was greeted by several new cadets and some similar faces. My head instinctively nodded in their way.
As I reached the door, I took a deep breath. I walked in, thinking what's as awaiting me back in mind.

Hope you liked the chapter! In case you are a Yugioh-fan, please check out my newest story Past and Present!