Three

A.N. Sorry for the wait on this, the last AN will explain all.

-------------------------

"What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" Frank asked. I smiled lightly as that was what he said when he first met me.

"You did kinda ask for me." I told him. I saw a seat next to the bed so took it.

"It was a big ask. But here you are." He wanted to move his hand to take mine, but his cuffs were restricting him.

"Here I am. Why did you ask for me?" I asked, leaning back in the chair. I saw that Karen was listening intently and occasionally taking notes when we talked.

"You know the blind guy. Blind guy wants to help me. So I ask for you. I haven't seen you in a long time, Ashley. I wanted to take the chance of seeing you again." He explained to me. "Even if you are engaged to someone else." He nodded to the ring on my finger. "He make you happy?"

"The happiest." I answered. Frank nodded at that, content that I was happy. "Okay, enough of the bullshit. They told me why you're in here and it's pretty damn stupid." I started to lecture. "I mean did you even think of your wife  and kids in this, Frank?" He seemed annoyed I mentioned his family, but I had to. He wasn't thinking about the important people in his life. "Did you even think what this would do to them? What it would do to you?"

He didn't answer. Instead he looked to Karen, who was still sat taking notes and listening, before turning back to me.

"Tell the lady to leave." He whispered to me. I knew he was talking about Karen. She didn't hear him though.

"Why?" I asked quietly, making sure Karen couldn't hear us.

"There's things you don't know, Ashley. Tell her to leave. She can't hear it." His eyes pleaded with me, and he squeezed my hand which he managed to hold in his.

"If I do, the people outside will make me leave too. I'm only in cause she's in." I explained to him. I saw in his eyes that something bad had happened. "What have you done, Frank?" I started to think the worst. What had he done that got him into so much trouble? I had to listen to him and find out. "Karen?" I smiled ever so sweetly at her.

"Yeah?" She looked up at me, her face like a puppy in headlights.

"Can you leave the room for a minute? We need to talk about very personal stuff I'd rather you not hear." I hoped she fell for that.

"But Reye's said...."

"I don't care what she said. If you want answers, give me time alone and I'll get them. Please." I used the sweetest face I could muster in order for her to do as I say and leave.

"Fine. But Reye's won't be happy about this." She gathered her stuff and warned me.

"Honestly don't care." I told her. She sighed defeated and left the room. I got up quick after her and put a chair in front of the door so the other's couldn't get in. I could hear that women from before, Reye's, argue with Karen but Karen protested with the words I told her. They tried to open the door but couldn't. I rushed back to Frank to listen to what was so important he had to tell me by ourselves. "What happened? Tell me." I rushed, hearing more arguments outside.

"They're dead, Ashley." He whispered ever so quietly. I could hear him, but only just. I stared at him as those words left his mouth. "My family are dead. Those bastards I killed, they did it. Came into our house, shot all of us. Only I made it out alive. That's why I'm in here, cause those bastards needed telling off." His eyes were filled with anger, his hand tightened around mine. This wasn't the Frank I knew. The Frank I used to love. He was murderous, lead by his anger.