31 - Anything For You

This chapter is dedicated to MysterGirl4 for the amazing banner!
__________

I gaped at the two figures in front of me as if they were from another planet. But they weren't aliens. They're my parents.

I didn't know what to say. Oh, hi mom and dad! It's interesting seeing you here! Oh me? No big deal. I was just in a fire around a month ago that could've ended my life but did you visit me in the hospital? Nope. What's going on in my life? You know, nothing much. My ex-boyfriend cheated on me so I tried to get revenge on him by using Jace but he had other plans in mind.

Yeah, I don't think that's going to cut it.

Luckily, Dillon took over by standing up and clenching his jaw. "Get out of here," He seethed. "We don't want or need you!"

"Dillon, we own this house," My father pointed out.

"Then we'll move out! I'm eighteen. I can afford my own place. Peyton and I have been living on our own so we definitely know how to handle ourselves. We don't need anyone holding us back like you two."

"Calm down, honey," My mother said to him but it had to affect. "We're here now so let's just—"

"The only reason you're here now is because of the fire! Peyton finally stood up to you, you waited until your movie was done, and just now you're here. I don't think you guys are winning the 'Parents of the Year' award any time soon."

My parents' eyes went to me unconsciously huddled against Jace who was rubbing my back soothingly. I seriously didn't even notice that I had moved to him let alone let him touch me. I knew they noted the tears and the burns but didn't comment on them. Instead, my mom gave me a fake, little smile, "Hey, sweetie. How're you feeling?"

As I stared at my mother, I realized that I despised her. I'm the reason they left and they're acting like they haven't done anything wrong. We might share the same genes but we're definitely not a true family.

"Well?" I whispered. "Aren't you going to leave? This is the exact reason why you didn't stay. You can't handle me whenever I'm like this. By all means, just go."

"Peyton, we're not leaving. Our next movie isn't scheduled for a while—"

"We don't need people pretending that they want to be around us. Dillon and I are perfectly fine without you two—"

"Perfectly fine?" My mother stared at me. "You were in a fire, Peyton! I heard that Jace pulled you out. At least your boyfriend was around when your brother wasn't—"

"Boyfriend?" I gave my mother a heartless laugh. "That truly shows how much you two have been around. Let me lay it down for you two: Our relationship was fake. We only did that because I wanted to get revenge on Sean. People found out, thought I was a whore, Dillon and everyone else hated me for the longest time, and then I got into the fire. That's what's going on." Well, for the most part. I admit that I took out some key elements but that hardly matters now.

My mom pursed her to lips at Jace and I. Obviously in our position all wrapped up with each other didn't help prove the fact that we weren't together. "We aren't going anywhere. Your father and I took your message on the phone very seriously... We agree with you about us not being great parents. I promise that we'll be around more if you let us into your lives again."

I bit my lip as I stared at Dillon. Out of the two of us, he definitely held the grudges. He just stood there with the angriest look that I've ever seen on him and his arms were crossed so this time I took over. "I don't forgive you," I told my parents. "But if you're serious about this, then stay. But don't think that things are going to be perfect. That's only my opinion too, Dillon needs his out there as well."