T W E N T Y T W O

A/N Thank you guys so much for the comments and votes on the last chapter! :)

*****

'We're going to look for Clarke, Finn and Myles, you in?'

Brinley looked up at the owner of the voice, finding Monty standing in front of her, looking at her curiously. 'You okay?'

'Yeah, yeah I'm good. Of course I'm in.' Brinley stood up, dusting her pants off as she did.

'You sure?' Monty frowned, noticing the wild look in her eyes and her downturned mouth.

'I'm positive, Monty. Who else is coming?'

'Octavia, Raven and Bellamy.'

Brinley schooled her expression into a neutral one with some effort. 'Alright.'

'Here. Raven finished the walkies.' Brinley took the walkie from Monty, following him out of the drop ship and out to the front gate. Brinley tensed slightly, seeing Bellamy, but she carefully avoided standing near him, and she refused to meet the gaze she could feel burning into her head.

'We'll split off, but stay close. No arguments.' Bellamy ordered.

The five made their way out and around camp, watching their surrounding's carefully. Brinley stuck closer to Monty than anyone else, ignoring the look Octavia gave her as she did so.

'Do you think we'll find them?' Monty whispered to her.

Brinley pursed her lips. 'We will. Whether they'll be alive is a different story.' She muttered back darkly.

'Can you see the others?' Brinley called out to Monty.

'No, hold on.'

Brinley heard static crackle through her walkie. 'I thought you said you were heading west, where are you?'

It was Bellamy who answered. 'Just keep the moon on your left, and you'll find us.'

Brinley looked down at the walkie in her hand as it began emitting a strange noise.

'Is anyone else hearing this signal?' Monty's voice crackled through the static again and Brinley looked up, seeing him on the opposite side of her, looking at the walkie in his hand.

'Just keep your eyes open.' Raven's sharp voice came through.

'I think it's the same thing we heard in the black box-' Monty tried to explain.

'Dammit Monty, pay attention. Do you see anything?'

Brinley almost made a snarky comment at Bellamy. Almost.

Brinley waited for Monty's reply, but it didn't come.

'Report.' Bellamy commanded.

There was a high-pitched sound and Brinley heard a slight thump that came from somewhere near her.

'Monty?' She hissed into the darkness, her eyes searching warily.

'There's someone in the bushes.'

Brinley ignored Raven's warning, still trying to catch sight of her friend. 'Monty? Where did you go?'

Silence was her answer.

'Monty, Brinley we're heading home. You copy?'

Brinley ignored the feeling Bellamy's voice gave her as she snuck towards the place she'd last seen Monty, fearing what the loud thump she had heard meant. 'Mon?'