Chapter 21: Closure? Uh... I Guess?

To say that Chase is shocked would be an understatement. I know he wasn't expecting those words to come out of my mouth, but I have to do this if I want everything to turn back to the way it used to be.

"You have got to be kidding me, right?" He asked, but I just shook my head.

"I wish I was, but I'm not. I really need this closure, so everything would turn back to normal." I paused. "Hopefully," I mumbled under my breath, but it looks like Chase heard what I said because he sighed beside me.

"I hope you know what you're doing, because this time, I won't be there to help you. Sounds harsh, but it's true. You have to do this on your own." He replied, and I sighed, knowing that what he said is true.

If something goes wrong, I won't have anyone to protect and defend me, because I know and they know that this is my own fight. But the worst part is, if I do one slip up, it's over. Everything will instantly go down the drain. So, I really have to be careful on what I'll say and do when we finally talk. We don't want history to repeat itself, do we?

"Is it too late if I back out now?" I asked, already unsure of my decision. I mean, won't you also be nervous if you talk to your ex-boyfriend and ex-best friend who decieved you, lied to you, used you, and hurt you in ways you can't even imagine?

He smirked at me and said, "What? You chicken?"

I glared at him. "I'm about to face life or death and you're seriously asking me that?"

"Well it's not exactly life or death. . ." He trailed off.

"Shut up, Chase."

"Oh come on, I was just trying to lighten up your mood."

"Oh really? Didn't notice." I glared at him again and he sighed. After awhile, he said, "Yes, it's too late to back out now. We're already here, so you might as well go on with your original plan."

I released one more sigh before going out of the car and trying to find Xander and Megan.

"Try not to die!" I heard Chase say behind me and I turned around to glare at him once more, only to see him giving me a grin.

Seriously,  it's like he's trying to make me kill him or something. Is this guy asking for a death sentence?

"Try to come back in one piece, Fire Pit."

I looked at him confusingly and asked, "Why the hell did you just call me a fire pit?"

"Because you know, your name is Amber and you have red hair so it looks like you'll burn any second or burst into flames or—" he paused once he saw me giving him daggers. He opened his mouth one more time but I beat him to it. "If you say one more word. . ."

He gave me a smirk. "Are you threatening me, Fire?"

"Chase."

"Yes, I understand. I'll shut up now."

I gave him one last glare. He responded with a grin and a thumbs up. I can't help but smile because of how cute he looks. He may be able to annoy the hell out of me, but there's no denying that he can lift up my mood in a second.

I heaved in one last breath before turning around and starting to walking. My steps became slow and heavy and I feel like my feet doesn't want to take me to where Xander and Megan are.