Chapter 4

“Alright class, I need your research papers by Monday.”
I stood up and gathered my things.

The week is over. I'm so excited to go home. My baby is waiting for me. My brother is babysitting him today.

We take rounds of watching my son. France, my brother, loves to watch him because my son is his “favorite baby of all time” as what he told me. The only thing that he has been complaining is when my baby pooped, which I find very funny especially when France always panics.

As I was heading my way to the faculty room to gather my other belongings, I heard a commotion near the Dean's office. There were bunches of students and teachers giggling like lovesick puppies.

“What's going on?” I asked one of my students.

“Hi maam! There is a super handsome man with Dean Patrick right now. They say he is a benefactor.”

I nodded my head and walked away. I went inside the faculty room and got ready to leave when Mrs. Owen called our attention.

She was giggling while calling our attention.

“Everyone, Dean Patrick wants us in his office to meet the new benefactor of the university. Chop, chop!”

The other teachers stood up and were almost racing to the door. They kept talking about 'handsome', 'hot', 'saucy' man, and even the spinster Miss Spencer was giggling like a teenager.

I took my bag and some books and followed them to the Dean's. I was the last to enter and it was difficult to move because of the crowd outside the office.

“And this is our literature teacher Miss Olivia Grey.” I heard Dean Patrick spoke while I was balancing my bag and the books from falling.

I looked up to see Dean Patrick and turned my eyes to the person next to him. Him.

My books fell to my feet and quickly I picked them up. My eyes refused to look at him and so I just pretended I was busy gathering my books.

The other teachers were shaking hands with him and when it was my turn, I just focused my eyes to his hand and took it, but as I was about to loose grip, he tightened his hold more.

He was staring at me, his pupils dilated and they looked dark and wild. His eyes never left mine. It was only interrupted when my phone rang loudly so I quickly excused myself out of the office.

It was already 6pm when I reached home. I found my brother holding my baby in his arms and they were standing in the front door waiting for me.

I held my baby up and he was laughing hard when I tickled him.

When I was about to enter the house, I saw a black SUV that stopped in front of the apartment building but no one went out from the car.

I got curious but my attention was diverted to my baby who peed on my work clothes and my naughty monster just chuckled.

As I was ready to go to bed, I got a phone call from an unknown number. I answered it but no one was on the other line so I just hung up.

“Livy?” I heard my brother knocked on the door.

“Yeah, I'm still awake!” He pushed the door.

“I have to go out. Clubbing.” He went to me to kiss my forehead, and he did same to my sleeping baby.

“I might not be coming home tonight. See you tomorrow bunny!” He winked at me while locking the door.

I have been flipping around for the last two hours now but I still can't keep my eyes close. I am bothered of what just has happened at school.

Of all the schools in the world, why did he choose our univeristy? He was a philanthropist but I never thought he became interested in this field.

I don't want to think of him anymore. I know it was the end of us the moment he threw me out of the penthouse.

I remembered his last words during our last fight.

We both know that our marriage was a deal. But I never thought that you would go down and sell yourself. I don't have a slut of a wife.

Although it has been over a year now, I'm still hoping I can get answers as to why he threw that easily. I just want to find answers so I could sleep with a peaceful mind.

I closed my eyes and silently praying that someday I can finally free myself from this misery.✍