Cat And Mouse.

AN: Yeah, here's a chapter.

Enjoy?

××

'You used the pretence of surrender to kill the rest off.' The calm voice behind the weapon taunted. 'Shameless as always.'

'I surrendered after I had set the explosives, it's not my fault they got careless.' Coldness echoed my voice.

They were bound to die the moment they hurt Robin, especially those nine that had chained me down.

'I had expected Talia.' I stood up and faced the black haired, mask wearing assassin before me.

The sai was still on my neck and she spoke, 'Talia is grieving your death. Sadness fills her heart at the fact you lost your path. She blames herself.'

'It's nice to know she cares.' I took a step back. 'Put the sais away Jade, I'm not in the condition to fight you.'

'But you are always in the condition to run.' Her voice was low behind the face of the grinning cat.

She kept her weapons up but took the blade further away from me.

'Where did you hear that I ran away from fights?' Staring at her hands, I scoffed, falling into a loose stance in case she attacked.

'Yeah, you disappear.'  She teased and I lazily raised my right arm to block her attack, a prong resting above my eyes.

Swiftly, before she could pull away, I grabbed her other hand and twisted her wrist, uncaring towards her pain.

As the sai fell, I pulled away my other hand to catch it and used it to block it's twin that was slashing in the direction of my head. The prongs interlocked.

I turned my left hand, brutally yanking the weapon out of her hand. If she hadn't let go, she would have broken her wrist.

Letting my right hand fall off her other wrist as she flipped backwards, I caught the other sai.

Cheshire stayed cautious, her eyes remaining trained on me. 'You're faster than the last time I fought you.'

'The last time we fought was three years ago.' I raised a brow, spinning the weapons in my hands. 'And I wasn't poisoned with two Omegas.'

Running my fingers on the tip of the sai, I smirked. 'Your poison is nothing to me'

'You should not be able to move, much less fight.' Immediately she was in action again, shurikens whistling through the air.

'I took the antidote.' A thoughtful expression settled on my features as I sidestepped, wasting no effort as I hit the sharp projectiles off course. 'I wish I was confined to bedrest but a couple of petty flies seem to keep bothering me.'

Her eyes examined me briefly. 'I wouldn't believe you took the antidote if I didn't know your personality.'

I scoffed. 'What personality?'

'Tell me, how is my sister doing?' She asked, sending a barrage of kicks and punches my way.

Wincing as one of her kicks landed on my chest and aggravated my wound, I glared at her, a taunting smile on my blood stained lips. 'I would have killed you already if not for her.'

She stayed silent.

'You're not going to come and get these?' I asked, holding up the sais as I wiped my mouth with my sleeve.

'Why aren't you running?' She walked to me slowly, unsure of whether I was joking or being serious.

Carefully, Jade took the weapons from me and hung them on her waist.