(Slow down)

“So…how did you like my famous classed pasta” Bryan’s mom asked me.

I smiled at her.

“Probably one of the best pasta I’ve ever tasted in my life and you should take that as a huge thing because pasta is my favourite food” She clapped her hands together and held my hand.

“Mother, seriously?” Bryan asked.

Both me and his mom turned to stare at his face. He was leaning back on the sofa and flicking through the channels trying to find something good to watch.

“Bryan what is it?” His mom replied.

“Leave my girlfriend alone” He said.

Bryan grabbed my arm and pulled me towards his chest; I sat next to him and punched him lightly on the chest-it’s a natural instinct for me.

“Well, you’ll have to realize one day when you marry April that she’s going to have to cook all of your favourite foods”

Suddenly, I felt something really hot dripping on my arm; I quickly stood up and held my arm as it burned through the cold contact of my other hand. It was the tea that Bryan had in his hand. He quickly got up himself and started inspecting my arm.

“Oh shit I’m so sorry. Does it hurt?” He asked looking me in the eye.

I looked away from his gaze and onto my arm. It didn’t hurt that much but did burn a lot.

“No not a lot, but I’ll survive” I said saying exactly what was on my mind.

“Well just to make sure, we’ll run it underneath a cold tap” He said assuring me. He looked over my shoulder and his mom. “Mom, do you mind just putting a cloth or something on top of the sofa” I heard his mom get up and go into the kitchen.

Bryan left his hand on my arm and put his other arm around my shoulder steering me towards the kitchen as well. We reached their and he opened the cold tap gently putting my arm underneath it. A hiss left my lips as my arm started to burn me even more-I’m really sensitive. I hid my face in Bryan’s neck as he kept running the water on my arm. I heard the tap go off, I peeked my eyes open through his neck.

“Hey April, you can open your eyes now” He said.

I made my head stand up straight and looked at my now blistered red arm. Fantastic! How am I going to drive home with an arm like this?

“Oh April, honey that looks really bad. Why don’t you stay the night you won’t be able to drive home with your arm being in that state” She said.

It’s like she read my mind, but I can’t stay in Bryan’s house mom and dad would kill me if they found out that I was at my teacher’s house but most importantly what I was doing here in the first place.

“Mom April’s a strong girl, she’ll manage” Bryan said covering for me.

“Bryan as April’s boyfriend you should be much more concerned” She scolded him.

“No I’ll manage. My mom and dad will probably get really worried” I told her.

She looked at me confused.

“You still live with your parents? April sweetheart you are a grown woman I never knew you were still living with your parents” She said.

Holy moly sweet conoly! I can’t believe something like this could even slip my mind! She thinks that I’m a high school teacher when I’m really a high school student.

“It’s just um….my brother Andrew had a car accident and his legs are paralyzed and this means that he is staying at the hospital. I thought that I would stay over at my parent’s so they wouldn’t feel lonely that’s the only reason” I blurted out.

She looked at me suspiciously but nodded her head.

“But I’m sure your dad will understand that you want to stay over your boyfriend’s house” She assured.

“Mom, April can’t stay” Bryan said angrily.

“And I say she can stay. Phone her father this instant!” She said.

“Mo-

“No now. Dial the number and talk to him in front of me”

Bryan looked at me and got his iPhone out of his pocket. He had my dad’s number as he is his boss. Bryan dialled the number and put the phone on his ear.

“Hey it’s me Bryan……..yes I’m doing fine, how are you?.........that’s good to hear………….oh really well I’ll have to talk to Steve about that, not everything is about him………..yeah……um  listen I called because April came down to my house to ask me a few questions and she ended up burning her arm, I don’t think she can drive, I think it would be good if she stays here overnight until her arm heals up…………….alright that is perfect, ok…..ok thank you bye” Bryan gave me a smile and his mom.

“Your dad said it was fine” He said looking at me.

“Oh that’s ok but Bryan why did you lie for?” His mom asked.

“Well my dearest mother April’s dad is one strict man and I can’t just say to him ‘by the way April’s staying over my house tonight’” He replied.

I gave him a smile and his mom.

“Well ok. I’m going to bed now you two have some fun” She walked past both of us and heard her go upstairs.

“That was really close” I told him.

Bryan nodded his head agreeing with me.

“Never again am I opening the door to my mother”

                                                                          **********************

“April, calm down it’s just a movie” Bryan said complaining.

He tried to touch my arm but I slapped his arm away.

“It’s not just a movie it’s Leonardo DiCaprio movie”

“Ok fine it’s a Leonardo DiCaprio movie but you don’t need to get so emotional on it” He told me.

Jay Gatsby just got shot from this asshole and I shouldn’t get emotional? It wasn’t even his fault it was all Daisy’s fault.

“Yeah well I love him and this movie is sad. He never killed the lady that stupid Daisy did. It’s not Jay’s fault” I said yelling to the screen

Suddenly, the screen went blank I turned around to face Bryan with the remote in his hand.

“Why did you do that for?!”

He sighed and got up from the sofa; he came in front of me and lifted me up from my arms.

“You need to go to sleep now. It’s literally midnight so come on let’s get you to bed” He said dragging me from my arm.

“Wait. Where am I going to sleep?” Bryan stopped walking and turned around to face me.

“You’re going to sleep with me”

“In you room?”

“In my room”

“In your bed?”

“In my bed. Why is there a problem?” He asked.

I shook my head as a no. This is going to be an interesting night