Memories

Phoebe PoV
"How much do you have?" Juliet asked me. Today was basket boy day. It seven and eight grade. Juliet was gonna bet on Andrew and Charlotte on Ben. I was planning to bet on James, but I'm way too scared. "Twenty bucks." I told her and she face-palmed. "James isn't the twenty bucks guy, definitely not! He's the hundred bucks guy, you're gonna loose. I'll give you some of mine." She said and I shook my head. "Well you have Andy, you'll need every cent." I told her and she put on her gamers face. "No girl is gonna take him from me, we're long game." She said and we sat down. Charlotte came over and she wasn't worried. The girls were about to go for the super hotties and Ben was just hot. "Welcome everybody, I'm so happy to present this years basket boys! You'll bet on your favorite guy and the money shall go to a foundation for poor children in Africa!" Our principal said and we all clapped. "Now may I have a big applause for our basket boys!" She said and they came on stage, I heard girls squeal.
"Number five! Ben Valdez. Ben is a son of the Leo Valdez and Calypso! He likes to bake and work in the atelier. He's very funny and is very positive. In his basket is, tacos, dr. Pepper, brownies. How wants to bet?" Our principal said and she looked at us. Ben was grinning and winking around, I chuckled. He's such an idiot. "Five!" A girl said. "Ten." Charlotte said and they had a stare off. "Fifteen." The girl said proudly. "Twenty five!" Charlotte said and the girl gasped loudly. "Gone once, gone, twice, sold to ms. Zhang!" The principal said and we all clapped. Ben made a heart to Charlotte and I saw her blushing. "And number six! Andrew Jackson! Andrew is..." The principal started but she was cut off. "Ten." A girl exclaimed. "Fifteen." Another said and Juliet had a wicked grin on. Four girls were fighting over Andy. They were already at the filthy, when a girl said seventy. The others turned silent. "eighty bucks!" Juliet exclaimed standing up, the whole room gasped. Andrew was grinning at her. "Oh dear gods. Sold to ms. Grace for eighty bucks!" The principal said, she was totally overwhelmed. "Number seven! Peter Jin! Peter likes to read and build puzzles with his dad. He has good grades and in his basket he has. Homemade pizza, homemade jus du fruit, strawberries and cupcakes with smilies on them!" She said happily and the students looked bored, James was next so I think everybody wanted to skip Peter. "Any bets?" She asked and nobody raised their hands. I frowned, Peter was super nice and funny. He sits next to me in science and math and we always talk, he's so great. He isn't hot, but childish cute. He isn't popular, he's more one of the geeks. "Why isn't anyone betting on Peter? He's so sweet?" I asked Juliet, she shrugged. "He isn't a Andrew or James." She explained and I felt bad for Peter. "No bets, come on he's such a sweetheart!" The principal pleaded and I felt so bad. I slowly raised my hand. "Ten bucks." I said and people all looked shocked. People al thought I was gonna bet on James, I was about to but now was to late. "Amazing! Ten bucks. Sold to ms. Jackson!" The principal said and gave me a warm smile, I smiled nervously. "Next up we have number eight! James Grace!" The principal said, James didn't move he was staring at me. I avoided his look. "Come on, James. Can't let the girls wait!" She said and he stepped to her. Even before she could say something, a girl screamed. "Ten!" She said and then almost ten other girls started to fight. The one that really came out was Korra. What was she doing? "Since when does she like James?" I wondered. "There was this rumor, it seems like she wants him. Amber probably told her to do, so they can be super popular. It's possible if she dated James." Charlotte told me and I looked down. I did the right thing I told myself.
"105 bucks!" Korra exclaimed and everybody was silent. We all stared at her in shock. "Oh dear gods! 105 bucks!" The principal said, she laid her hand on James his shoulder. "Sold to ms. DiAngelo." She said and we all clapped.
I sat over Peter and he looked sad. Next to me sat Juliet and Korra. "What's wrong?" I asked softly. "Thank you for betting, you don't have to feel sorry for me." He muttered and I grabbed his hand. "Hey, you're an extremely sweet and nice guy, I don't feel sorry. I wanted this, I've been saving up money to get you." I told of him and he totally cheered up. "You did?" He asked happy and I nodded. He opened the basket and gave me food. I looked to my side and saw James, he looked me deep in the eyes and he looked disappointed. I quickly looked away.
Peter was telling me over the Harry Potter books, which I read. It was fun to talk about, because I'm big fan. Next to me Korra was telling James, he had beautiful eyes no it felt kind of awkward. Me and Peter were like having a book club meeting and they a date. I looked around and saw a lot of people staring at us, they were whispering. Everybody thought I was gonna put all my money on James and I was about to. I had all my money with me 200 bucks. I really wanted him, but I felt so bad for Peter.
The lunch ended and Peter gave me a hug out of nowhere. "Thank you so much, Phoebe! You're the most kindest human alive!" He told me and walked away, I smiled. That was really cute of him. "I thought you were gonna go for me." James mumbled and I smiled nervously. "But nobody was betting for him and I felt so bad..." I confessed and he shook his head. "People are whispering, they think you like Peter. How do you want me to fix that?" He asked and I frowned. "Fix?" I asked. "You're the most popular girl here, you ruined your reputation by befriending Peter. That was sweet and nice, but you ruined it. I can't protect you anymore." He told me and I had no idea what he was talking about. "What are you talking about?" I asked, he took my hand. "You and me were about to become the most popular in high school together. You and me." He said looking deep in my eyes. I blushed and he sighed. "Let's wait and see." He said and walked away. You and me. James if you knew, if you only knew. That was the only thing I wanted, I would die for...