Chapter # 56

Song: Tum Mere Ho (You are Mine)

Mahnoor's POV:

"Attention all final year students!" The auditorium that was buzzing with voices suddenly came to a silent still. The authoritative voice emanating from the speaker continued.

"Please form a straight row on the right side of the stage. As for the rest of the students, please leave the auditorium."

A split-second silence prevailed when the announcement ended. It was the same as last year like the past was repeating itself.

Salma Amjad, Nazneen Saqib and Amna Basir. You three were chosen from this year's batch. We will pick you up tomorrow morning at eight from your homes." Kanwal announced in her monotonous style and walk back to me, leaving the three girls crying.

"Ready?" She asked me and I nodded before glancing back at my classmates who were glaring at me.

"It's strange how love can easily turn into hate." Kanwal followed my gaze. 

"It's also strange how hate can change into love." She said, taking a step towards the exit.

"Yes, but it isn't easy." I smiled, walking beside her and she shares the same smile. We both know these feelings very well.

"Your husband dear is here." I raised my gaze on her voice and stopped on Moosa's black Prado near the main gate.

"Why didn't Ahad Bhai come?" I asked when my eyes landed on Kanwal's driver.

"He came to pick me up on my convocation last year." She shrugged and left saying 'Allah Hafiz.'

So... Moosa is here to pick me up because it's my convocation?

The thought of it made me grin from ear to ear. Moosa jumped off the car as I walked closer.

"Congratulations." He smiled, opening the door for me.

"Thank you." I said, holding out my hand to him. He smiled and helps me get in. As I settled myself on the seat, a half bloom red rose greeted me. I carefully pick it up and inhale its delightful fragrance.

"Thank you." I said once again when he sat beside me. He only smiled and kissed my hand before starting the car.  He could say thousands of nice words on my special day but all he said was a simple "congratulations" and smile. I sighed helplessly and looked away.

"What?" I heard his voice.

"Nothing. I am... just hungry."

"Is that all you can think of?" He frowned and this time I smile and say nothing. He shook his head and turned his attention towards the road. I closed my eyes, leaning my head back.

This is our life - different and quite strange...

Our matrimonial life was going how it should be a part of our communication, he still didn't talk much but his actions always speak everything. No one would believe if I were to tell them that neither of us said 'I love you' to each other properly. At least I didn't and if I remember correctly, neither did he, after the marriage of course. He addresses me as 'love' often but not that particular three words came out of his mouth and according to Moosa, he doesn't believe in any confessions and if we are in an intimate relationship means that we both love each other and that all he cared about.

Then why was he asking me to say 'I love you' on the call???

I opened my eyes to ask him, only to find his seat empty. I abruptly turn and found him leaning against the open door.

"How long are you planning to stay here?" He raised his eyebrows. 

"Sorry." I unbuckled my seatbelt. 

"Step aside." I said when he didn't move.

"You need your pass to leave the car, wife." He said, bringing his face closer to mine and I have a very clear idea of what he was asking for.

"In case you didn't notice, we are outside, husband." I said, pushing him away.

"Oh, right." He moved away.

"Ary, Noor." I heard his voice while getting out of the car.

"Hm?" I raised my face.

"No one is here." Moosa whispered in my ear before pushing me back on the seat again and captured my lips.

"Now you can come out." He said with a smug face after pulling away.

"Don't you ever do this again." I glared at him before jumping out of the car.

"Sure, whatever you say, love." He said and place a kiss on my cheek.

Argh...!

Wiping my cheek, I stomp towards the house and a loud laugh followed behind me, as a hand slips around my shoulders the next minute. I hate when he doesn't listen to me and purposely do things that embarrass me... Yet I love it too...

The life we are living is uncertain, Nats told me about their work and the rest of the confusion was cleared by Moosa. Now I can fully understand the threats he has on his life. He could be gone at any moment like he was before and I will be left alone. This fear of being away from him pushes me to love him even more.

Only Allah knows what the future holds for us, but for now, I wanted to be live happily as 'His'. I gave a light squeeze to his hand on my shoulder and receive a smile from him, walking into 'Our Home' where Yawar was lazying around on the sofa, Shahina was busy in her favourite place in the kitchen and Owais Bhai was probably somewhere in the office.

All of them and Moosa... makes my home complete...

The End.

___________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

That was the last update of 'You are Mine'. Sorry if this disappointed you and I know many of you wanted to kill me after reading it :p
But if you kill me, there will be no more updates for "You Will Always Be Mine".

Follow me on Instagram "laila_mehtaab" and on fb "Lailamehtaab"

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)