Preface

Throw away everything you know about creepypastas. This story is quite different.

(This is a metaphorical chapter not meant to be completely understood. Please do not be frightened by the big words, as the intent is, indeed, to confuse you.)

She ran through those woods as if she was being chased by a past she never wanted to let control her.

It was like a monster of fate was climbing the sides of a story once cherished, turning it into a dreaded storybook filled with heathens and foils waiting for the right moment to stretch their limbs into archaic minds and sting the cores with their viperous teeth. Every moment loved became passions of loathed arbors, hearty with the churning waves of obsidian crows circling the dimmed skyline whilst dripping carmine and vermeil onto the doomed trees of the earth. Those trees breathed the red- drank it- before regurgitating all the nasty critters following trails into eye sockets more envious than the varmint perusing the girl.

She was, in fact, being chased by it. But she was unaware of her secret lust for this type of adrenaline. Beforehand, she prayed to all causes for the opportunity of finding a reaper sitting on her windowsill. When that did not work, she decided to visit the sin herself.

The devil tempted her into making a deal with him, and this deal was never meant to work in her favor or in the favor of the one she wanted to save. Both of their necks were being sliced by the scythe of destiny, and neither one of them would ever be able to escape the stygian hands of the dusky water. Their minds were singing unhinged songs against their will with eldritch meanings and vulgar conclusions, giving them yet another reason to hate the loophole of a situation they forced their way into. However, the girl created a tale worth telling. Her longing desires alluded to a plot that could teach others for centuries of the dangers lurking behind atrocious temptations and sin that can only be caused by accidental avidity and yearning. And that is the only good part of this scenario.

There is a cliff, and the waters at the bottom are cerulean. Swimming in the darkness only leads to an ocean, for the purpose of sight is to make progress in a dimmed life. If blame is a fault, why do the accusers swim without sight? Why do the complainers keep their eyes closed?

There is a sky, and the stars by the moon are obsidian. Following orders aimlessly only leads to an innocent loss, for art is a choice. Why do the chosen remain without value?

There is a life, and the soul within is corrupt. Why does the soul lie?

She thought that the ocean ahead of her was easy, and she was tripping over ice and rocks to reach it. The sky and the wind held her from the edge; it screamed with warning as she accused her vile past of controlling her. Her actions complained of insight, but the evaluations of her person were to blame for her apathetic judgement. The sky realized what a dim life it had provided for her, and it begged the stars to light her path. They laughed and refused. They refused to return her sin with guidance. Finally, the moon had its aim, and the sky was unable to control its inhabitants. For if the life within her was unworthy, the world would try with its most sinister occurrences to protect the parasite of evil growing under the water.

Oh, you recognize this description? Is this story familiar within your chaotic mind? Well, it would make sense for that to be true.

This is your story, after all.

-+-

Small message from the author:

This isn't a competition to see who can understand all the words. You don't need to comment about how old you are and how much you understand. You are not meant to understand all of the words and sentences until you finish the entire series, you see. But let me tell you... Accept weakness. That is the first step to understanding this story.