Chapter 28: Complications

Saira's P.O.V

Rin came over half an hour after I called her. My bags were ready as well as me. I didn't cook anything and was happy when Rin brought food with her. Gosh, I was starving. I didn't eat and drink anything since the incident yesterday. My mind still had to remind itself that my boyfriend was Iroh and not Li. I was happy that I had some time alone. Okay...Rin was present too but I counted her as a part of me.

After we bespoke everything, Rin and I went shopping, since I had to do two dances in honour of the Royal Family. For the second dance, I looked for a long golden dress and for golden leggings and matching accessories.
At some point of the day, my mind drifted to Iroh. I hoped wouldn't get sacked since his actions were my fault. I started feeling guilty. But I had no other choice, I couldn't let thousands of people die. General Asuma would fire him or wouldn't he? My father always taught me, not to leave a crewmember behind. No matter in what situation. Wasn't that a codex, all military officials and soldiers had to follow? Or did only my father think this way. As far as I knew, Iroh had the same thoughts as my father. Iroh would never have left me there alone. Was he following the same codex? Or did he just stay to be with me? No matter what, I knew Iroh was a great human being. He was different from many military officials I met. He still didn't have that much experience, but for his age, he was talented and confident. No wonder he became Admiral at such a young age. I wished him to become a General. He deserved it. And I didn't know who would be a better General than Iroh.

Since the Royal Family visited us the next week, on my parents wedding anniversary, I needed to make a special programme. The dances were a part of it. I really didn't know what to do. But then I remembered that Lu Ten and Princess Medora, Iroh's four year old sister, were coming along too. So I just focused on them, since my parents would be busy with the Royal Couple, His Royal Highness, Prince Hayao and Her Royal Highness, Princess Izumi.
I was thinking about a small play and a play date for Princess Medora, since I knew it would be boring for her being surrounded by adults the whole time. I sighed. She was just a little kid and had so much responsibilities already. Just like Iroh and Lu Ten, she was taught at home. She didn't even have a chance to make school friends. Her parents chose her friends. I still didn't get how Iroh lived this life. I would have become insane. No friends, no freedom, no childhood.
I hated the way, the Royals were. They kept being distant from common people. As if people, who were not in the High Society, were poisonous. I hated the "Don't touch their Royal Highnesses" rule. As if they were made of sugar. I was glad, Iroh wasn't like this. Well, at least he wasn't in private like that. I didn't know if he followed the rule at Royal Engagements, since I wasn't interested in him before nor was I present at one of the engagements.

"Saira!", Rin snapped,"Where are you with your mind?"

"Sorry, I was thinking."

"Yeah, I noticed."

"What we're you saying again?"

"Are you going to tell your family about Iroh?"

My heart stopped beating. My family. I have totally forgotten about them. How will they react if they get to know about us? I already knew that my father would not be happy about it. It's true, he loved Iroh as much as Taemin but he would not like seeing us together. He did not want to us to be together since he thought that Prince Hayao will think that they are friends just because of me or Sarina. My father hated those people who were just friends with the Royal Couple because of their daughters. And he was happy when he found out that I wasn't interested in Iroh. But now it was different.
Okay...I didn't know that he was Iroh at first, that's why I have fallen in love with him.
I let out a sigh. I wish he wasn't Iroh but Li. It wouldn't be so complicated then.

"Saira? Saira!", Rin yelled again.

"Sorry, I was in thoughts."

"I know. What is wrong with you?"

"I don't know how my father will react because of Iroh."

"So you won't tell them?"

"I don't know."

And that was an honest answer. I was desperate. If I told them, they would be shocked. If I didn't tell them and they find out by themselves, they would be disappointed and shocked. No matter what I did, it would come out bad.

On the other hand, Iroh and I decided not to tell anyone. But Lu Ten already knew it. Was it fair if my family knew and his didn't? I was fighting with myself and I knew this little war inside of my head would not end that fast.

Iroh's P.O.V

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to let me in. The door swung open and I could see General Asuma, Commander Bumi and several other military officials sitting together. They looked up as they saw me and I took in a deep breath and I nodded as greeting.

"Please be seated, Admiral.", General Asuma ordered.

I did as he said and took a seat next to Commander Bumi. My whole body froze and I was feeling numb.

"Well. Now that we are all here, let's start."

I grit my teeth and hoped I wasn't thrown out of my job.

"Do you realize what mistake you have done, Admiral?"

I looked up and looked into General Asuma's eyes directly. His eyes were emotionless, blank and cold. I didn't know what to say. I have done a lot of mistakes but I had reasons. For each of them. General Asuma realized  that I wouldn't say anything so he continued.

"You started a rebellion, didn't follow orders and stood away for over two months without any permission, Admiral. Do you know what this means?"

I looked up and immediately knew what he was talking about.

"No, Sir."

"I'm sorry Admiral, but you are dismissed. You have one week to leave the United Forces."