Chapter 29

- Jade -

I wiped the beads of sweat that has gathered on my forehead as I let out a sigh. I then looked at the mess that is my new apartment with boxes scattered around everywhere, heaving another dramatic sigh.

I leant against the door as I shut my eyes, trying to catch my breath. Man, we really should've called some movers. 

"As-tu besoin d'aide?" I heard an unfamiliar voice, causing my eyes to fly open in surprise. 
( Do you need help? )

I turned to see a male who was about, eh, just 2 heads taller than me. I slowly looked up to see him smiling down at me in amusement.

"Je ne voulais pas vous effrayer," he chuckled.
( I'm sorry if I scared you )

I just stood there, and examined his face. 

He was attractive, really attractive.

He had greyish-green eyes that I've never seen before and he had long hair that was tied in a little man bun.

I never thought man buns were hot, until this very moment.

I was broke out of my trance when he snapped his fingers in front of me. I shook my head and gave him a little sheepish smile, feeling the heat rise up to my cheeks for staring.

"You don't speak French, do you?" he asked, an amused smile on his face.

I let out a giggle, "No, I don't. Sorry, I'm from the UK"

He let out a chuckle and nodded. "Your accent's really cute. I'm Blake, by the way"

My lips curved up into a small smile as I felt my cheeks reddening. 

"Thanks, I'm Jade"

"Jeed?" 

I let out a little sigh. Not the first time this happens. 

"No, no. It's 'Jayed'" I pronounced it in an American accent for him to get it.

"I know, I know. I'm just messing with you. I have friends from Newcastle who has accents worse than yours"

I tsk-ed, rolling my eyes. "Asshole" I murmured playfully. He laughed, crossing his arms. 

"Well I guess you don't need this asshole's help then"

My eyes widened and I immediately shook my head. "Wait, no! I really would love some help"

He gave me a smirk, causing me to roll my eyes. We then went back down to the lobby where the rest of the boxes were still there. As we carried the remaining boxes up, we talked and chatted about each others' background.

Turns out he was actually born in Miami but moved to Paris when he was 6 years old because his dad was transferred here for his job. I learnt that he worked as a bartender in a pub nearby and apparently, make really good cocktails. 

I let out a little cheer and clapped my hands as I watched him place the last box in the living room. 

He grunted as he stood back up and straightened his posture. 

"Phew, that was tough work, wasn't it?" I said, grinning. 

He nodded,"I'm sure it was very tiring watching me carry all those boxes, yeah?"

I chuckled and nodded. "Very"

He rolled his eyes as he shook his head. "Say, you wanna go to the pub nearby and taste some of the best cocktails you've ever had made by the most handsome guy you've ever seen?"